Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In depth Korg Kronos Tutorial DVDs or Streaming Classes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazylounyc

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: In depth Korg Kronos Tutorial DVDs or Streaming Classes Reply with quote

Anyone know of a site where I can get in depth tutorials for the Korg Kronos? I still have my Triton LE DVD lesson library and was wondering if they ever made some for the Kronos. The korg videos on youtube (1-6) are awesome but just basic. I need the super advanced lessons. Very Happy Need to get deeper into the Kronos brain.
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: In depth Korg Kronos Tutorial DVDs or Streaming Classes Reply with quote

crazylounyc wrote:
Anyone know of a site where I can get in depth tutorials for the Korg Kronos? I still have my Triton LE DVD lesson library and was wondering if they ever made some for the Kronos. The korg videos on youtube (1-6) are awesome but just basic. I need the super advanced lessons. Very Happy Need to get deeper into the Kronos brain.

Do you have specific things you are trying to accomplish?
crazylounyc

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really, I'm just trying to dig in to the kronos. The triton le master series tutorial disk http://www.amazon.com/Triton-Master-Series-Training-Tutorial/dp/B000BS7630 was a good one in helping understand the LE. I'm just looking for something similar even if its all online vs disk.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching all of these is a good start!
Qui's tutorials
crazylounyc

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I've been going thru those too.
william olson

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck. most of the answers to the K is here in the past posts.BUT it is MASSIVE and you will spend a lot of time digging.Have you tried SUBSONIC 4hrs of video in 44 categories .The only problem $69 bucks.How ever after spending 3000 bucks its only a drop in the bucket.I have not purchased subsonic yet.I know when i installed Logic Pro x there is a plethora of Video on the intricate details in that DAW. The manuals are awesome time consuming. KORG WE need more video.Thats the eeasiest an fastest way to go.
metallo

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always considered the full commercial tutorial videos a waste of money, internet is full of excellent tutorials like the Qui's ones.

Also, I always used tutorials online when I needed to do something specific, I don't want to waste hours following tutorials only to know how to do use that functionality even if I don't need it, why?
Smile
william olson

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good point pick the ones you need for the moment.I already have made online purchases in other things and they have been very helpful because of concise intricate detail just like Qui,s Video,s.
Citizen Klaus

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

metallo wrote:
I always considered the full commercial tutorial videos a waste of money, internet is full of excellent tutorials like the Qui's ones.

Also, I always used tutorials online when I needed to do something specific, I don't want to waste hours following tutorials only to know how to do use that functionality even if I don't need it, why?
Smile

The benefit to commercial videos is that they often have a well-thought-out flow to them, presenting concepts in a clear and well-defined order. Qui's videos, though great, don't really seem to follow a pattern or clear release structure; they seem to focus more on whatever aspect of the keyboard interests him at a given time. That's fine on its own -- the videos are free, after all, and Qui can set them up however he likes -- but it does make them less than ideal for use as someone's only source of training. They're better suited as reference videos for someone who already knows the Kronos well, and wants answers to specific questions.
crazylounyc

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

william olson wrote:
Good luck. most of the answers to the K is here in the past posts.BUT it is MASSIVE and you will spend a lot of time digging.Have you tried SUBSONIC 4hrs of video in 44 categories .The only problem $69 bucks.How ever after spending 3000 bucks its only a drop in the bucket.I have not purchased subsonic yet.I know when i installed Logic Pro x there is a plethora of Video on the intricate details in that DAW. The manuals are awesome time consuming. KORG WE need more video.Thats the eeasiest an fastest way to go.

Thanks.
crazylounyc

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Citizen Klaus wrote:
metallo wrote:

Smile

The benefit to commercial videos is that they often have a well-thought-out flow to them, presenting concepts in a clear and well-defined order. Qui's videos, though great, don't really seem to follow a pattern or clear release structure; they seem to focus more on whatever aspect of the keyboard interests him at a given time. That's fine on its own -- the videos are free, after all, and Qui can set them up however he likes -- but it does make them less than ideal for use as someone's only source of training. They're better suited as reference videos for someone who already knows the Kronos well, and wants answers to specific questions.

Yes, I like to be talked thru some stuff because you can't have your eyes on the scrolling lesson and the keyboard screen at the same time. I will get frustrated with constantly rewinding the youtube clip. At the least I can get the blueray, pop it in the PS4 or PS3 or Blueray player or computer and listen to what the instructor is talking about and concentrate on the kronos screen too.

I like to take bits and pieces of all the lessons available so I will also use all the free online sources available too.

Thanks for the info guys... also keep em coming if you find more or know of more.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazylounyc wrote:
Yes, I like to be talked thru some stuff because you can't have your eyes on the scrolling lesson and the keyboard screen at the same time. I will get frustrated with constantly rewinding the youtube clip. At the least I can get the blueray, pop it in the PS4 or PS3 or Blueray player or computer and listen to what the instructor is talking about and concentrate on the kronos screen too.

I like to take bits and pieces of all the lessons available so I will also use all the free online sources available too.

Thanks for the info guys... also keep em coming if you find more or know of more.

personally i don't believe in talking through videos, especially for 'complex' synths like the kronos i think it''s quite difficult to explain the screen layouts in spoken words. For instance when i would like to show how to modify the filter of an MS-20 engine based on a step sequencer i could explain it within 50 seconds in words, but in that 50 seconds about 10 screens would be needed to achieve the effect. There is no way that someone could do those steps with only hearing the instructions unless you would slow down the spoken instructions to minutes long for this quite simple proces when it's shown on video.

That's why i've chosen for the steps setup in my videos. The best way to learn things from my videos is to watch the video once without reading the screens on the right, then watch it again and pause the video at each step page on the screen. Then do the steps yourself. For the latest videos the transcripts of the steps can be printed from my site (they are below the video tutorial). Now since you know what to expect because you watched the video once you only have to use the printed output and do the steps yourself.

But i also understand that there are people that won't like to read things. For those people my videos are useless, i strongly believe in learning by doing so that's something i won't change.

For those people i would advise the subsonic series that is a quite good tutorial series which basically shows the functionality from the kronos operation guide, so that you don't have to read it yourself, it has a slow good to follow pace and clear spoken instructions on how to do things.

One thing i would like to mention, my tutorial series was never ment to be a replacement of the operation or parameter guides. It shows different simplified ways to do things in all the areas that the kronos has to offer to get people started. It was definitely thought through and not a matter of releasing tutorials of which interests me most at that time. The release order was based on user requests.

So i agree with CitizenClause that they aren't a replacement for a complete training, that was never my intention. You need indeed some basic knowledge about the structure of the Kronos to get started on that specific area.
NETWORK1
Retired

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: In depth Korg Kronos Tutorial DVDs or Streaming Classes Reply with quote

crazylounyc wrote:
Anyone know of a site where I can get in depth tutorials for the Korg Kronos? I still have my Triton LE DVD lesson library and was wondering if they ever made some for the Kronos. The korg videos on youtube (1-6) are awesome but just basic.
I need the super advanced lessons. Very Happy Need to get deeper into the Kronos brain.

Super-Advanced-Lessons................. is a very subjective term.

What i find difficult, to you might be easy.

But there is a way to take any TITLE,like |Side-chaining| |quantizing ||Tone-control-Detune-Fattener|
And SIMPLIFY the concept.

But its a bit like getting into a TAXI, you need a DESTINATION
First

Last edited by NETWORK1 on Fri May 09, 2014 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those screens look really nice network1 !
NETWORK1
Retired

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuiRobinez wrote:
those screens look really nice network1 !

Thankyou Qui !

It looks like its up to you Qui , to carry on, where Korg-Basics , Stopped.

Its been 3 years since the launch of the Kronos
I doubt KORG are gonna start creating ADVANCED-TUTORIALS now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: