Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M50 Waveforms vs Krome Waveforms

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iluvchiclets

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: M50 Waveforms vs Krome Waveforms Reply with quote

Hi all,

Please excuse me if this question has already been answered.

It has been noted that the Krome synth is loosely termed as the "M50 Replacement". I owned an M50 up until a year ago, have always missed it, and I am considering getting another one. Now my eyes and ears are intrigued by the Krome and Kross.

After a few hours on the internet, I am still not sure if all the multisamples I have known and loved on the M50 are still in the Krome. Are they included in the Krome but modified, resized, or different?

If what I read is correct - that my M50 programs can be loaded into the Krome - it sounds like the Krome has it all. But I am reading conflicting posts on this point, and am wondering if this question has ever been determined?

Thanks for any info you can share!
yank

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Yes it's true Krome lack a half of M50 samples.But has got piano and drums extra sounds added.Just compare waveform list on their user guides.There is an algorytm on the Krome, which does conversion from M50 but some sounds will not be the same.If some sample is missing it will be replaced by other similar sample. But no worries, it is possible to import new waveforms to Krome;)
iluvchiclets

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you,

I will definitely investigate importing new waveforms...now that sounds interesting!
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loading samples into the Krome is not officially supported and is not documented. There is some special tool that is needed and the amount of sample memory seems to be a bit limited but it is possible.
yank

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M1 sound library for Krome does include samples as well and this pack is officially supported by Korg.
gesucca

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I strongly advice you against buying the Krome with this possibility in mind, it has only more or less 16 MB of memory avaible.

Also, the sample inport procedure is not supported by Korg in any way. It was simply not supposed to be possible, so is not pratical at all.

If you need to use your own samples, look to another board.

Some stuff I made:
https://www.youtube.com/user/gesucca/videos
chico

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Krome -M50 Reply with quote

Save in the SD card everything from your M50 and installed in the Krome, this way you converted the Krome in a M50. I play with 2 bands and I dont want to redo all my combis from the M50 to Krome....you can convert your Krome in a M50...so in one band I just install my m50 ship and loaded to the Krome....with the second band I have a different SD card with the Krome combis and Voila...but the sound in the Krome are more robust all programs and combis are using both OSC. the M50 lack of polyphony only 80....the Krome 120 voices....so the Krome is the same M50 with 120 polyphony, and betters pianos etc.
yank

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course Krome is not a board you buy for loading and playback custom samples.Though it's possible.Anyway some local stores in some countries are supporting Krome with extra sample packs especially kind of ethnic.Korg doesn't tell a lot about this, but official M1 sound pack for Krome does include new waveforms and sentence like "Optional PCM bank now updating" is a part of Krome system. So i don't think that sample loading to Krome is not supported by Korg at all.You can also import (with some limitations )your own samples, one man made a great tool for that.For more info read to this topic :
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=76839&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90
maranite

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyph over at KromeHeaven has been working on a tool for producing custom samples for the Krome.

While I love my Krome, I definitely would not recommend buying one if your objective is to load up custom samples - as of this writing its close to impossible without getting help from someone else (like a Korg rep, Cyph, or Dan Stesco).

If you want a board with a sample, consider the Roland FA08.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: