Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome IPAD and Importing Samples

View previous topic :: View next topic  
coracle

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Krome IPAD and Importing Samples Reply with quote

Hey all:

Could somebody give me the 101 on how you have been able to record sounds (samples) off the web, save them in the format the korg will accept for import using the IPAD? What hardware are you using to get the samples onto the SD chip?

I'm trying to avoid the quantum leap backward in using a PC. Spent years with controllers/DAW's and really want to avoid the whole driver conflict, OS compability/can't see the hardware crap. Had a lifetime of that.

Simply put, I just want to know what IPAD software will let you record a sound, take that sound and put it in the format the Korg will import for sampling and then load it onto to the SD.

I looked at the IRig midi, but that appears to be a hardware interface to support a midi controller (IPAD) and not a medium for important samples.

Help.....

Cheers

Coracle
maranite

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK what you're trying to do isn't possible. Even on the PC, there is no software readily available. You can try making a donation at KromeHeaven and asking Cyph to package some samples for you, but there's no iPad sw that I know of that will work with the Krome EDS-X engine.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't be done. Maranite has already given you the best option. The Krome doesn't even officially support sampling. Also, I love my iPad for some things but it can in no way replace even 10 percent of my PC functionality. Seems like you had some bad experiences there.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could simply leave the samples on the iPad and bring that to the gig though. Plenty of basic sample playing options for iOS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: