Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sustain Not Recording In Sequencer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad Bentley

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Sustain Not Recording In Sequencer Reply with quote

When in Combi mode, the sustain pedal works with this particular factory sound (C045 Lead'n Lady). However, when I copy the Combi to the sequencer (either by Autosong Setup in the Combi mode or by Copy Combination from the sequencer mode), the sustain does not RECORD in the sequencer. It will work in Sequencer mode while PLAYING, but not RECORDING. Hope someone has the answer 'cause I've been poking at this now for hours... AAARRRGG!
Brad Bentley

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: By The Way... Reply with quote

It's the lower notes on the left hand I'm sustaining... I know that the lead part played by the right hand is not supposed to sustain... just so that nobody thinks that might be the problem. Thanks.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a shot in the dark. I don't have a Krome but I have an M3 and had an issue where controllers were not recorded by the sequencer. Since the M3 and Krome are so similar maybe my solution will also work for you. Give it a try.

1. Go to Global Mode - P1:MIDI
2. On the 1st tab (MIDI Basic) in the SEQ section change Param MIDI Out = SysEx-Param Change
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Sometimes the voice team disabled the damper function for some timbre. In this situation the timbre 1 and 2 is a lead (for right hand) and the damper pedal is off.
Arm the rec for timbre 3 or 4 and record the session on Track 3 or 4.

The damper is disable for timbre 1 and 2 but work for any timbre from midi ch 1. If you want to record the damper you need to record the track where damper is on. Check the P5 MIDI filter.

Cheers,
Dan
lutefish

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to dig up an old post. Brad, did you ever get this working?

I went to quick-record from the Krome Grand Piano program (000), and using a calibrated Korg sustain pedal. None of the pedal data was recorded. As it's not a combi, I'm not sure what the issue is - none of the MIDI filters have the damper disabled in SEQ P5 Midi Filter, Midi<1>.

Oh, wait, never mind.

For those who encounter this issue, Bald Eagle's fix is correct: Global->P1:MIDI, SEQ Mode, Param. MIDI Out: needs to be on SysExParam Change, not Control Change
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: