Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

after touch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avi gloiberman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: after touch Reply with quote

What is it after touch and how do I feel this is what I need to do
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After touch is when you can press the key a little firmer and get an effect, often vibrato.
Some of the voices come with this pre-set, and you can adjust it or set it for others.
DonM
avi gloiberman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it support in the pa900?
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it does.
rock_star

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to play Brass with orchestra hit? For example I am playing brass but when I pressed the key harder it should only play orchestra hit sound. How can I do that using after touch?

Thanks
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I pressed the key harder it should only play orchestra hit sound. How can I do that using after touch?

Generally aftertouch is used to apply an effect on the sound already playing - as mentioned above like vibrato, expression, even note bending like on some of the the Harmonica sounds.

To get a "change" in multisample like an orchestra hit you would mostly use velocity to control that (i.e. how hard you hit the keys) - remember "aftertouch" is exactly that - it is pressing down on the keys "after" you are already playing it, whereas "velocity" is how hard you play the key initially.

Velocity examples are as per some of the organ sounds (usually with a "V" in the name) - if you hit the keys lightly you get a "slow modulation" multisample playing, if you hit harder you get a fast modulation multisample play - these are actually different multisample sounds in the PA3X and not an effect so your "velocity" controls which sound you hear - this is how the orchestra hit would work.

Hope this helps

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - Couldn't resist the challenge. I've made a Brass Sound (based on Tight Brass 3) that allows 2 different types of Orchestra Hits depending on whether you hold down Assignable Switch 1 or Assignable Switch 2. (You can hold down both together as well for extra punch!).
You can download it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sddsw0i7a3uuwro/AABpjbNJQRRd96w9GxH86Rhwa
The set contains two new sounds that if you load the whole set will write them to the first two locations in User 1 sounds.
Alternatively you can put the sounds where you want by choosing Open, Sound, Open, User 1, Open, touch the Sound name then choose Load, select and select where you want to put it.
Cheers,
John
rock_star

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why I love korgies thanks to Karma and Reuben. I have downloaded the brass sound and I must say its sound superb.

Moreover, I will be very grateful if you could explain the procedure of applying after touch in this brass+orchestra hit. How did you do that? because I have many more things to do experiments but I can't. Actually this is one of my long lasting question on this forum.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: