Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading EX Usb Pcm sounds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tajna92

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Loading EX Usb Pcm sounds Reply with quote

Hi,
It may sound stupid but I don't seem to be ble to find those Ex Usb Pcm sounds after loading them from media menu...

They all load normally but I can not work out where to find them...
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The EX-USB-PCM expansions are samples and are loaded into the sample memory. They are used by programs and combi's already loaded in the M3. I think most are in User Bank E for both programs and combi's. The Voice Name List has a list of all the combi's, programs and samples related to those expansions.

http://i.korg.com/uploads/Support/M3_XPanded_Voice_Name_List_633652948356910000.pdf
miksu

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you find a fix for this since i seem to be having the same problem?

I downloaded the latest EX-USB-PCM KEP-files from the i.korg.com website and placed them into my usb drive. M3 seems to see them in the usb drive and load them just fine but once loaded they don't seem to show up on the M3. Loading the files to internal or 256 expanded memory doesn't seem to make any difference. I also tried different usb-drives without any luck.

If i remember correctly then i should start to see patch names with EX markings on them but i can't seem to find any. Also the patches mentioned in the "XPanded Voice Name List" seem to be missing. Program A000 is still called "Stereo Grand 4-Way" instead of "Stereo Grand 4-Way 1 EX3" which i saw named like that in a youtube showcase video.

Am i doing something horribly wrong or can the latest KEP files be broken on the server somehow? I remember this being a easy task on my previous M3.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The KEP file only loads the samples. You also need the PCG file that references them. You might need to update the OS.
miksu

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bald Eagle, that solved the problem! Very Happy

My M3 seemed to have the latest 2.0.5 OS installed but after downgrading it back to 2.0.0 the XPanded sounds started to show up.

If the red XPanded logo is not visible while booting the device then downgrading back to 2.0.0 and adding the updates from there might do the trick.
acerimmer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:42 pm    Post subject: EX-USB-PCM Reply with quote

Hi all,
It seems I have the same problem...I just picked up an M3 and upgraded it to V2.0.5 but have not tried to go back down to V2.0 as per the post below so I will try that before I post anything else.
It seems that everything loads correctly just unable to access the sounds.
I know when I upgraded to V2.0.5 it also did something to the left and right panels (according to the screen) so I am hoping the down grade will do the trick and not affect the left and right panels.
Is everybody having the same issue when going to V2.0.5?
Thanks
Phil
acerimmer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:48 am    Post subject: Follow up Reply with quote

Hi,
Well doing the downgrade worked for me, exactly as the previous post had said. I don't know why this works but there must be a glitch in the Korg update when going to V2.0.5. Anyway, thanks for the tip and I had it fixed in less than 2 minutes. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: