Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do i get my song from Krome to an MP3 or WAV file?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pianomanchester1982

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: How do i get my song from Krome to an MP3 or WAV file? Reply with quote

Hi All

Sorry if this is really obvious but now i have recorded and balanced a few tracks i need to get it on my MAC in either MP3 or WAV format. Cant find anything in the manual to help.

thanks
splinters

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cannot be done as the USB does not support audio. Will need to be recorded into your mac then saved as an mp3 or wav.
danielph

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we transfer our whole song through the USB in a MIDI format, or do we have to re-do everything into editing software?
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krome supports midi over USB so you can play live and record midi data into a DAW on the Mac or PC. You can also record into the Krome sequencer and play it back into a DAW over the USB connection.

You can also record into the Krome sequencer and then create a midi file and copy it to the Mac/PC using an SD card.
Nelly the Electron

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have some sort of wav editor which allows you to record or you have a DAW which would enable you to record them as audio tracks then you could use the save song function which should produce a wav file.
However if you want to retain a decent level of sound quality you really need an audio interface to which you can connect the Krome's outputs and this should improve the quality of audio going into the computer, and will also give a better output for connecting to monitors or headphones
There's a freebie wav editor called Audacity which is quite advanced but I don't know if it allows you to record but maybe a cheap update is available which would enable this function.
Hope this helps but do let me know if you want me to enlarge on any of the topics.

Neil
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nelly the Electron wrote:
If you have some sort of wav editor which allows you to record or you have a DAW which would enable you to record them as audio tracks then you could use the save song function which should produce a wav file.
Neil

To clarify ...The Save Song function on the Krome saves the sequencer data. It does not create a wave file. You have to record the audio outs to a DAW or a hardware recorder if you want a wav file.
Nelly the Electron

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bald Eagle I should have been clearer on that point but I know there are some wav editors that can record audio and save it as a wav file if Pianomanachester does not have or want a fully fledged DAW.
I myself have the wave editor which comes with the Cyberlink PowerDirector video editing software and once recorded you can save your project in a variety of formats including wav and MP3.
I mentioned the advisability of using an audio interface because otherwise you will have to connect the outputs of the Krome into the audio input on the computer which does not usually come on quarter inch jacks, more likely a stereo mini jack which will require an adaptor cable and will possibly compromise the quality of the audio.

Neil
Ricky_jcr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: help Reply with quote

Hey guys,

could you suggest some softwares wherein I can record the actual sounds on my krome(programs, combis), preferably free. I'm not looking to use my krome to control VSTis. I want the actual korg sounds.

thanks,
Ricky
Denv12

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: How do i get my song from Krome to an MP3 or WAV file? Reply with quote

pianomanchester1982 wrote:
Hi All

Sorry if this is really obvious but now i have recorded and balanced a few tracks i need to get it on my MAC in either MP3 or WAV format. Cant find anything in the manual to help.

thanks

I still use my Tascam DP03 8 track digital recorder.The krome is connected up to the Tascam as both a mixer and recorder.I then record,export the files as WAV,then upload them to computer onto audacity then export them into a computer folder.I can then use Freemake audio converter to convert to mp3.
roger2600
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best resource for free daw/vst/sampler stuff on the net is KVRaudio.com
Email Rogerpc3@gmail.com to order.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: help Reply with quote

Ricky_jcr wrote:
Hey guys,

could you suggest some softwares wherein I can record the actual sounds on my krome(programs, combis), preferably free. I'm not looking to use my krome to control VSTis. I want the actual korg sounds.

thanks,
Ricky

Windows Sound Recorder ... Its on every Windows PC, nothing to install, no settings, just record and save as WMA file. Can't get easier or cheaper than that. But they is absolutely nothing else you can do with it. I think you might prefer a daw.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: