Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soundware

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rileypsu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:45 am    Post subject: Soundware Reply with quote

Forgive me, I'm not very synth smart.

I bought a used Korg Triton Rack and cannot get the original banks of sounds to come up. I think what I need to do is to get my hands on a disk called TNRFD00P and TNRFD01P. I tried looking online and on eBay and cannot find these disks. I did see a thread on the forum that links to the UK Korg site... though it automatically redirects me if I go there.

The Korg.com site (http://i.korg.com/SupportPage.aspx?productid=501)has some information on what I think I need to download, and please forgive me if this is not correct... but there are files under soundware that I can download, and I'm hoping that this is the same as the TNRFD00P and TNRFD01P.

Further complicating things, I have a mac. My work computer is a PC and happily has a floppy drive. I think I can download the exe file, upload it to my skydive, and then run it(?) or put it on a disk at work. But the mac program just opens to gibberish.

Thank you kindly for any help anyone can offer.

Is this right? Can anyone help point me in the right direction?
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the archived sounds for triton at this site.

you should be able to find the factory sound disks for both the classic triton and the triton studio (which is closer to the rack's sounds).

All of the files are .pcg (program, combo, global) files and downloadable to your mac.

If you have a MIDI interface that works with your mac you should be able to load stuff up directly, otherwise you can make a floppy (FYI: USB floppy drives for mac are only about $20) and load it using the rack's floppy.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarification:

the Korg reads the .pcg files directly - all you're looking for (or at) is raw data files -- as you noted, gibberish to your mac. All the rack needs is a floppy with those two files (if they'll fit).

If you want to actually see what's there you'll need a librarian program - for mac that will probably be LeLibby (java) or you'll need a windows emulator to run PCGtools or TritonLib.

Only windows librarians will have the .exe file extension. The two factory disks you're looking for or any other 3rd party sounds will be .pcg

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: