Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nearly..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spud

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:58 pm    Post subject: Nearly.. Reply with quote

Nearly got enough dosh to buy a second hand M3. I really want a 2nd hand Kronos as there's no way I can afford a new one, ridiculous price at £2.5K, even for 61 key!

My last investment was a brand new Triton in 2003, still a great keyboard but connectivity is useless these days, what with a SCSI port and floppy disks and then there is only 64MB of RAM.

Fingers are twitching, should I, shouldn't I get an M3? Rolling Eyes I have heard that the samples are un-compressed on the Kronos and so it sounds much better than the M3. Then there is DW 6000 engine and the wavestation...I think I'll keep saving Laughing

Korg M3, Triton Classic, Korg 01w/fd, EMU 5000 Ultra, iMac & Logic Pro 9, Focusrite Sapphire Pro 14 Firewire,
https://michael-alantaylor.bandcamp.com/
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Triton was easily that much if you bought it new, unless you got it during a blowout sale Wink

I think it's possible to get good deals on the Kronos, certainly most people in the Kronos forum paid less than what you're quoting. I think the M3 is a nice machine but apart from the sequencer piano roll and the hardware pads (which are easily substituted), the Kronos blows it away in every department. Way better pianos, EPs, organs and synth sounds plus way better possibilities to roll your own patches using external samples or any of the dedicated modeling engines. I think you might be disappointed in the long run if you go for an M3.
Spud

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the reply SanderXpander I'm just being impatient and want a new board. I think you are right and I should hang on Smile

I would be interested to know where the guys got their Kronos boards from. I look at GAK and GUITAR GUITAR and they are silly money

Korg M3, Triton Classic, Korg 01w/fd, EMU 5000 Ultra, iMac & Logic Pro 9, Focusrite Sapphire Pro 14 Firewire,
https://michael-alantaylor.bandcamp.com/
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Sam Ash came up a few times and you can usually also get shops to price match or outbid each other.
EDIT: just noticed you're in England, not sure what the best options are there, sorry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: