Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TS newbe questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
julioxkingbeat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: TS newbe questions Reply with quote

I purchased EXB-PCM01 thru 08 and I'm ready to load the floppy discs. Just wondered can I have all of these loaded into memory at the same time and will they be stored when I turn my TS off (including the songs, appeg, etc)?

Also, I cloned the old HardDrive to a new 80GB one and installed. It works great, just wondered if the TS is limited to reading only the first 4GB per the manual, or did the V2 OS upgrade increase the TS ability to see more space on it.

Thanks for any help. I've been reading all the manuals, watching the videos, etc. It's a little overwhelming but seems easier to understand than my MotifES.
dynagruv

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:36 am    Post subject: TS Newbie Question (Answer) Reply with quote

Perhaps the answer to your question lies somewhere hidden within the details you described. You mentioned that you cloned an 80GB drive, and that it works just fine, however in the same breath you questioned whether the new OS is supposed to recognize over 4GB. By that, I'm assuming this is all you can see of your 80GB drive on your Triton. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I'm not trying to be demeaning, but it does strike me as being kind of funny.

You would want to format an 80GB HDD using FAT32, not FAT16 (where you will get that kind of limitation). If you cloned a FAT16 drive, then that is what you would expect to get. I hope this will help you to see the full 80GB from both drives.
julioxkingbeat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

When I cloned the HDD, it copied the file system and the files both. Since I copied the original 4GB HDD onto an 80GB, it is identical and didn't change anything. My question is, the original was setup to save files with a limit of 4GB. Can I now save 76GB of wave files on it and have the KTS see all that data, or will it only recognize the 4GB original space. They are not separate partitions, it is only a single C:\ drive partition.
insanitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might have ended up cloning a FAT16 partition which can only hold 4GB. It's a limitation of it's structure.

To properly upgrade a hard drive for the triton studio, you must connect it to a computer and use fdisk to create a FAT32 partition. It then must then be formatted.

The computer must have a BIOS capable of properly reading a hard drive of the size that you have in your possession.

You will also need an adapter to connect a notebook hard drive to a desktop if you are using a desktop to format and partition the hard drive.

Lastly, you must use a Windows 98 emergency floppy 1.44MB bootdisk to do the partitioning and formatting.

I have a 250GB hard drive in my TS.

Here is my experience doing it:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=295469
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dynagruv

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Hard drive upgrade Reply with quote

Interesting. What brand of 250GB HDD did you go with and what are the specs on it? How reliable has it been? Any problems with noise or responsiveness? How does it behave when recording/sampling directly to disk? (I tend to do that a lot for some reason) I have the ST88, so maybe getting under the hood would be a real chore??
insanitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember buying myself a western digital. I do not use my TS often due to space limitations because I am working on a big project.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"...can I load them all..."

You can, I believe, load all the EXB's, as there are 8 slots - there's a bit of a dilemma if you have EXB-09 as well... 09 is one of my faves.

On the TS you can save a (one) bank for each card in the user program banks H-N (8) with E available for any overflow or programs of your own. I think F is reserved for MOSS voices (whether or not you have MOSS installed) and G is the GM bank.

Combis should load to A-E and H-N

Programs and combis loaded into the studio are protected/battery-backed up RAM and do not need to be reloaded after each power-down.

EXB's .pcg files are pre-programed to overwrite the C & D banks so rather than auto-loading (if you're using disks **) you want to open the .pcg files and select the destination banks for each bank of programs or combinations.

Programs will automatically look for the correct EXB waveforms regardless of bank or order.

The .pcg combis may not adjust for the placement of EXB programs written to banks beyond C & D so there may be substantial adjustments needed in combinations that reference programs that are now found in H-N rather than C-D.

A Librarian program will greatly speed any edits or adjustments you need to make in placement.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: