Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Files by editor always are always 899.828 bytes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Files by editor always are always 899.828 bytes Reply with quote

When I use the editor of the X50, whatever file I create (.x1prog, .x1comb, .xall, etc), they Always are 899.828 bytes, while I have one x1prog file (downloaded somewhere) that is 488 bytes, and a combi file should be 588 bytes.

Do I something wrong using the editor or does someone know where to download different types of editor files for the X50?

Reason is that I want to check if I can add PCG Tools support for the Korg X50.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jcg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi michelkeijzers,

I did it with my MicroX and I get a 588 bytes file. I just select Combi mode, select the combi I want to export, and select save (X1comb file type). Are you using the editor connected to a real X50/MicroX? If you do not connect it the editor will never work properly (I tried that before I bought the MicroX and it did not work as it should). If you need any support to have test files and/our test your files, just let me know. I have a MicroX only but, apart from the fact that it has an additional Prog bank (E), it is identical to the X50 (and the same file types and format).

Many thanks for supporting X50/MicroX in PCG Tools (the stock X50/MicroX editor is a very good editor, but it is NOT a librarian... We really need PCG Tools for X50/MicroX Smile )

Regards,
jcg.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just wondering how many banks/programs/combis there would be in such a file while programs/combis are so small.

I don't have a microX/X50 myself, so I haven't connected it. For PCG Tools, I'm only interested in the structure of the file; and if I can add support of .xall, or other files to make others happy, that would be very nice.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jcg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi michelkeijzers,

I've already started figuring out the Xall file format. I will send you what I have already.

Regards,
jcg.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcg wrote:
Hi michelkeijzers,

I've already started figuring out the Xall file format. I will send you what I have already.

Regards,
jcg.

Thank you very much jcg for the valuable information ... i will take it into account when I will add more synth types.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: