Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

X50 voices for the MicroX, and the other way around

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: X50 voices for the MicroX, and the other way around Reply with quote

Hi,

I've bought an used MicroX the other day and I'm loving it. However, I've noticed there are a lot of X50 voices not in the MicroX, and the other way around too. I know they have some different waveforms, but it seems to me that many of the different voices are just because they have different market targets (more dance & ethnic voices in the MicroX, more generic ones in the X50), but use the common waveforms.

So I would like to have an X50 factory voice file (PCG) and select all the voices that are MicroX compatible but non existing in the preset voices.

Could anyone please save a PCG file with all the X50 factory presets (voices, combis) and post it here, or send it to me?

I plan also to do it the other way around: select the MicroX voices that are compatible but non existing in the X50, and post it here, or send it to who might be interested.

Thanks a lot!

jcg
jcg

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one??? Sad It's not that hard... You can send it to me directly to jcg2111@hotmail.com

Regards.
tommymandel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, jcg, i will do it with my X50.
I'm not sure how to delete the voices that aren't compatible, but I'll leave that up to you.
Looking forward to my 'new MicroX50' voices! (though I don't know where I will put them.) Wink
jcg

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks Tommy! I'm now out of home on vacations. Will get back to this when I go back, and will let you know as soon as I have some new sounds (I hope so Smile). Best regards.
jcg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

So I've done my analysis and it seems there are some (but not a lot) of X50 programs that can be used in MicroX directly (using common waveforms). And also some MicroX programs that can be used in the X50.

Here's the list of X50 programs that can be used in MicroX too (and are not in the MicroX presets already):

A002 Centerfuge
A003 Session Strings
A016 Fast Saw Synth
A018 PunchBowl HIT
A024 Analog Bells
A029 SpikeyUnisyn
A031 Cymbalis
A032 Ghostly Popper
A036 DWGS Sync2 Knob1
A074 DetunedSuperLead
A077 LightOfTheSource
B012 AcousticGuitar 1
B026 MonoSynGtr LEAD
C012 Nylon Guitar 1
C035 StringsQuartet 1
C116 Wild Wasp
D071 Formant Voices
D114 Velo PowerStab

And here's the list of MicroX programs that can be used on the X50 (and not in X50 presets already):

A030 400 Flutes
A040 Kalimba Village
A047 Neutronic
A056 GoaTrancendental
A068 Fuzz'd Drum Loop
A076 VeloFeedbackGtr.
A095 Record Scratch
A098 306DistKNB1&2
A099 400 Cello
A101 Rubberknobs 1&2
A105 Slow Saw Pad
A123 Angry Tea Bee
A127 Pole Planet
B043 Square Face Bass
B092 Nylon Guitar
C038 Dyna-Saw-Rus-Rex
C068 The BIG Boom
D019 String Quartet
D109 Free Tea-Bee
E046 Forward&Reverse
E076 Pulsing
E120 CrystalShimmer

I've tried to figure out the X50/MicroX common waveforms by their names (except for drum waveforms), and then found the Programs on both synths presets that used those waveforms only, and finally identified the ones that were not already in the presets of each synth (thanks Tommy for the X50 file!).

Now... there is no easy way to copy specific Programs from a file into the X50/MicroX. A librarian software is needed for that. The X50/MicroX is not a librarian, and PCG Tools does not yet support X50/MicroX files (like .Xall files) -- but I hope it will support in the near future!

In the mean time, I've created a simple tool in MS Excel (it's an Excel workbook with VBA) that does many librarian functions, and I'll share it here in the forums shortly for you. It requires MS Excel, of course, and is not as sophisticated as PCG Tools, but it's better than nothing.

The preset files for X50 and MicroX are available at:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=58948862723461568414
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=09974051643832751307

You can use the tool to combine your current X50/MiicroX data with the "other synth type" file, extracting the "new" voices from there, and creating a new file that you can then Load again into your synth. Some steps required, but it works.

Have fun.

Regards,
jcg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: