Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can a foot pedal be used to change programs/combinations?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Can a foot pedal be used to change programs/combinations? Reply with quote

Can a foot pedal be used to change programs/combinations? I have run into a situation where I need to make a patch change in the middle of a song during a live performance.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure you can put a regular damper-style pedal into the "switch" input and in the global menu set it to "advance" or something like that.
rbt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using a Triton Rack module, so it doesn't have a switch input. I'm using a damper pedal plugged into my Maudio ES88 keyboard to control sustain, Leslie effects, etc. It seems like I should be able to assign the program advance function to the damper pedal some way.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I'm sorry, I was basing it on my Korg keyboards. Probably should be able to set the same thing for the damper?
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to read up on assignable Alternate Modulation Source (AMS) - this is the control section of programming that allows you to assign your available controllers - knobs, switches, pedals, etc. - to do jobs within the program.

Typically the sustain pedal does only that. You can, however, assign it to do other jobs, like advance program.

The problem is that if you're adding a function to a much used and already assigned controller like sustain you can easily trigger an unwanted advance (+) or trip a leslie toggle, or add distortion (other FX etc., etc.) being at cross purposes with a previous modulation routing.

The question becomes, what controller do you want to use that is as yet unassigned and which has the proper setting to function as a program advance?

Advance (+1) is assigned under the global menu. Usually it is a function of the assignable switch on the rear of keyboards - one of 3 with sustain, pedal (sweep values) and switch (on/off).

I'm not intimate enough with the mAudio to know what controls you've got but if there are 3 options (like most korgs) you should be golden.

If there's only the sustain input you may be out of luck as far as controlling the Triton Rack with that. But if you have assignable buttons you should be able to assign one to the +/1 function under triton's global menu by sending the appropriate CC# for the assignable pedal via MIDI -- the rack don't care whether its a pedal or a button... MIDI is MIDI.

Last thing to note is that the Global only provides one direction of movement with that controller - no way AFAIK to get it going in both directions except with an on-the-board touch to the up/down buttons or by jogging the data wheel.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: