Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OASYS touch screen Y axis way off, and cannot calibrate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
btdahl

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: OASYS touch screen Y axis way off, and cannot calibrate Reply with quote

Hi. I was wondering if anyone have a suggestion to solving my problem:

The Y axis on my touch screen is way off. At 0 (the top) it is ok, but as I go down the screen, there is an increasing offset. At the bottom it is like 1/4 of the screen, so touching the very button hits somewhere around the volume "sliders" if you are in combo mode. Thus it is impossible to use the bottom tabs, which makes editing quite hard Smile

It is not possible to calibrate the screen, top left is ok, but it just seems like the Y axis on the bottom right is so far off it won't count it as actually toucing that corner. Is there something I'm missing here, that should make it possible to calibrate it after all. I was able to calibrate it like this one single time, but it didn't hold, and I'm not sure how much it was off at that time.

Touch screen part of LCD calibration in test mode tells me that bottom right is around 630x300 or so, and i can't move on from there as I'm not able to pass that test.

It may be worth mentioning that some time ago my touch screen was totally unresponsive, but that fixed itself after a reboot.

I'm not sure how long it has been like this, or if this is a problem that has increased gradually as I usually don't use the screen while playing normally, only knobs.
narf
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very similar to mine, except with my OASYS, it's the X-axis. My screen becomes unresponsive every winter and I blast it with my heater and it recovers. Lately I have to press buttons about half a cm to the right. I don't know if I have to have the touchscreen replaced.

Kronos Ultimate Covers Pack
Tschury

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: OASYS touch screen Y axis way off, and cannot calibrate Reply with quote

btdahl wrote:
Hi. I was wondering if anyone have a suggestion to solving my problem:

The Y axis on my touch screen is way off. At 0 (the top) it is ok, but as I go down the screen, there is an increasing offset. At the bottom it is like 1/4 of the screen, so touching the very button hits somewhere around the volume "sliders" if you are in combo mode. Thus it is impossible to use the bottom tabs, which makes editing quite hard Smile

It is not possible to calibrate the screen, top left is ok, but it just seems like the Y axis on the bottom right is so far off it won't count it as actually toucing that corner. Is there something I'm missing here, that should make it possible to calibrate it after all. I was able to calibrate it like this one single time, but it didn't hold, and I'm not sure how much it was off at that time.

Touch screen part of LCD calibration in test mode tells me that bottom right is around 630x300 or so, and i can't move on from there as I'm not able to pass that test.

It may be worth mentioning that some time ago my touch screen was totally unresponsive, but that fixed itself after a reboot.

I'm not sure how long it has been like this, or if this is a problem that has increased gradually as I usually don't use the screen while playing normally, only knobs.

I don't know if this will help in your case, but there is a function to call up the calibration dialog without the use of the touchscreen, if you can't touch the right corner of the screen anymore to open the menu:

From Param. Guide (p.740/741):

Touch Panel Calibration
If input via the LCD screen does not work as you
expect, or if the edit cell moves to a location other than
where you pressed the LCD screen, use this command
to adjust the sensitivity of the LCD screen.

1. Select “Touch Panel Calibration” to open the
dialog box.

2. If you are unable to select this command from the
page menu, go to the main Global page as normal,
and then hold down the ENTER button and press 3 on the numeric keypad. This will call up the calibration dialog.

And don't forget to save the global settings after the screen calibration, or else you'll lose the settings at power off...
btdahl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: OASYS touch screen Y axis way off, and cannot calibrate Reply with quote

Tschury wrote:

1. Select “Touch Panel Calibration” to open the
dialog box.

2. If you are unable to select this command from the
page menu, go to the main Global page as normal,
and then hold down the ENTER button and press 3 on the numeric keypad. This will call up the calibration dialog.
[/i]

Hi.

Thanks for the suggestion. However, I am able to access the calibration interface, the problem is i cannot "trigger" the bottom right "button", as it seems to be too far off.
btdahl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed it, somehow.

By using the very tip of my fingernail i managet to calibrate it once, then it was pretty easy to calibrate one more time. It's ok now, but if it drifts any more, it's gonna be a problem :/
tomdeptula

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Oasys touch screen problems Reply with quote

I, too, am having similar touch screen problems but mine is off at the top of the screen over an inch. I've tried the Global Basic screen with pull down menu but again, since it is off at top of screen I can't pull down any menus making this an expensive 1980 keyboard. I've tried the "0"-or is it "3""enter" I've tried them both, with no luck, again, because this simply brings up the calibration screen & if your calibration is off as much as mine I can not get the top left button to light. I've calked Korg & they won't talk to me telling me to contact a service dealer. I called the local Korg repair shop in Camden, Delaware who supposedly fixed this problem last year with a simple reformat but they won't help or return calls. I emailed Korg 3 or 4 times & have gotten not 1 single answer. What do I do. I own a Mini Koegprg I bought new in the 70s, an 01/WPro from the early 90s a Triton Pro & Triton Studio from early 2000's, along with their '"Gadget" on my computer. I am not a happy Korg buyer right now. I am 1 very unhappy Korg customer right now. I even called Sweetwater Music from whom I bought this s instrument in 2009 & I haven't gotten help fixing the problem or the promised returned calls from their service department or the promised return phone call from their so call Korg expert yet. No call. You spend all this money with the promise of this being "The expandable keyboard of the future" from Korg & what. Well that lasted 2 years till Korg replaced it & stopped making updates then giving away sound patches that cost some of us $235 or more a module. Sweetwater advertises total customer satisfaction along with a helpful service department but you can't get help when you need it. Can anyone help?
tomdeptula

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Oasys touch screen problems Reply with quote

I, too, am having similar touch screen problems but mine is off at the top of the screen over an inch. I've tried the Global Basic screen with pull down menu but again, since it is off at top of screen I can't pull down any menus making this an expensive 1980 keyboard. I've tried the "0"-or is it "3""enter" I've tried them both, with no luck, again, because this simply brings up the calibration screen & if your calibration is off as much as mine I can not get the top left button to light. I've calked Korg & they won't talk to me telling me to contact a service dealer. I called the local Korg repair shop in Camden, Delaware who supposedly fixed this problem last year with a simple reformat but they won't help or return calls. I emailed Korg 3 or 4 times & have gotten not 1 single answer. What do I do. I own a Mini Koegprg I bought new in the 70s, an 01/WPro from the early 90s a Triton Pro & Triton Studio from early 2000's, along with their '"Gadget" on my computer. I am not a happy Korg buyer right now. I am 1 very unhappy Korg customer right now. I even called Sweetwater Music from whom I bought this s instrument in 2009 & I haven't gotten help fixing the problem or the promised returned calls from their service department or the promised return phone call from their so call Korg expert yet. No call. You spend all this money with the promise of this being "The expandable keyboard of the future" from Korg & what. Well that lasted 2 years till Korg replaced it & stopped making updates then giving away sound patches that cost some of us $235 or more a module. Sweetwater advertises total customer satisfaction along with a helpful service department but you can't get help when you need it. Can anyone help?
btdahl

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue has resurfaced. The touch function now works as expected for a short time after power off, then after some minutes it registers either correctly (if i press hard) or with an offset (if i press lightly), then after some more minutes, only with the offset. It is strange. I'm thinking possibly a hardware issue in the touch sensors themselves, or their power system. With the offset, it is very hard to use the screen properly.
btdahl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm able to reproduce a stable error now at least. It doesn't seem like how long the O has been powered on is the issue, but rather how long it's been since i pressed the screen. If i leave it for some minutes, I can do 2-3 properly aligned presses before it wanders off. I'm starting to think maybe the screen looses voltage (I am assuming it is a capacitor driven touch sensor). And needs annoyinlgly much time to recharge. Still useless, but at least I may be getting somwhere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: