Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reggae Organ... Can any one share me?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lycoolthai

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reggae Organ... Can any one share me? Reply with quote

Hello ! I'm korg's user from Thailand.

I got X50 and I want to make organ sound for my reggae band like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLZX1Q_TT1U

I try na combine timbre from prog several time but it's not so close to Sad

can anyone guide me how to do?

or if you got sound like this , please share to me

Thank you so much Smile

- Craig Lycool -
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Craig,

The clue for finding that sound is clear from the video. The LED's of the Nord, which emulate Hammond type drawbars, show you the settings. Combinations of timbres won't get you simpler sounds. In fact, you want to use fewer sounds, not more in combination, to get the sound correct.

I'd look for the simplest organ and then explore the oscillator settings and tuning to get the wide separation you need. The settings emulate the harmonic series 16', 8', 4', 2', etc., with enharmonic intervals at the top end of the range (non-octave harmonics: 5th, 4th, maj3rd, min3rd...)

With synths you can approximate this by tuning of the oscillators or waveforms within a program. So start with an organ program, then dig down far enough to find the osc1/osc2 set-up. If you don't have a decent organ you can use synth tones, the simpler the better; for example, a sine wave is a pretty good "flute stop".

Set osc 1 to 16' or the lowest octave setting, since it is the most prominent.

The second voice is harder to define. You can set it to 4', which will give you a 2 octave separation (not bad). Other intervals, such as a 4th or 9th will give you a different tonality; don't be afraid to experiment.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
juliomartinez_7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reggae organ Reply with quote

Hello Craig! I know it's been a while but I just saw this thread and I was curious to see if you can help me out with a step by step help on setting up my organ/bubble on triton class in I just purchased. I play reggae and I'm looking for a decent sound to bubble on. I would appreciate the help from you or anyone.

Much love and respect

Julio [/img]
tommymandel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compress the Embarassed out of it to get that pop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: