Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA900 indian sounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NavidSyed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Korg PA900 indian sounds Reply with quote

Hello does anyone know where to purchase the Korg Pa900 Indian Collection, I have been checking the Korg online shop for past 3 months, constantly saying out of stock? I promise not to whine about how expensive that set is but just would like to know if it will actually become available for purchase? Shocked
nawed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can purchase sets from www.afgstyles.com
NavidSyed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO I am not talking about third-party style sets, I am specifically asking for the Korg Pa900 Indian Collection, but thanks for recommendations. Sad
NavidSyed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$269 for 22 styles ??? and I was think Korg PA900 94 styles for $350 is expensive... Rolling Eyes
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does data become out of stock? Rolling Eyes

Or are these styles only available on an encrypted USB stick?

But, let's be honest here... Personally, I think we are seeing the inevitable end result of rampant style copying and 'sharing' coming home to roost.

Let's say YOU personally created 22 really good styles and wanted to get PAID for your work. Do you sell them for a dollar a pop, and HOPE they don't get shared (and thousands buy them), or do you sell them for so much money that the person that bought them values them highly, and doesn't WANT to share them now he's paid a lot of money for them?

You won't sell as many, but you WILL make a decent amount for each batch sold.

This is the dilemma that faces anyone interested in making a living off of creating pro quality styles. Especially as rampant and as commonplace file sharing has become. To my mind, the MORE you charge for something, the more the purchaser will want to keep them for himself. If you don't place much value on your work, neither will anyone else Twisted Evil

Of course, the whole issue could go away if manufacturers recognized or gave a damn about the issue. Style creators need a protected area of data storage so that the purchaser CAN'T 'share' them. Protected USB sticks aren't the answer, because you don't want to be swapping sticks like mad to get access to styles from different creators. There needs to be an encrypted area on the arranger's HD where commercial style developers can route their goods to, that the user can't copy.

Then he can charge $1 a style, safe in the knowledge that, if 1000 people want the style, he makes $1000. But the situation at the moment is, if he want to make a grand a style, he'd better sell them for $20 each, and hope he sells 50 of them before some SOB puts them up on a file sharing site or emails them to his 1000 closest 'friends'.

It is in OUR best interest that protected data is implemented by arranger manufacturers. A lot more talented, creative people would be interested in making great arranger styles if they didn't have to worry that every sale is potentially their last if it gets 'shared'. Once upon a time, when styles came on ROM data cards, that's what the situation was. But now, it's a labor of love making great styles if your work can be stolen and shared.

If WE demand this of our manufacturers, we gain cheaper styles, more choice and variety, and the people doing this work for us (or even ourselves, if we are talented enough!) can make a living doing it. If we don't, things just get worse and worse.

It is time, IMHO... Cool
gkthomas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Indian styles for korg pa900 Reply with quote

I was preparing to buy pa900 when the Indian styles are available. Its demo sounds good But always shows out of stock. I talked to the people in india (Furtardos music) who developed this styles and sounds, and they said you cannot buy from India unless you buy a keyboard from them . So there is no point in playing waiting game. Korg is very inefficient in providing expansion for Indian music

So almost gave up the plan to buy korg pa900.
I am considering Yamaha s950, which has a nice Indian expansion styles and is only $99( it was a free download at the beginning).
gkthomas

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are lots of keyboard players in USA who are dedicated to playing Indian music. Many of them are using Korg keyboards. However Korg is not respecting their needs or simply ignoring. The reason is instead of developing ethnic expansions internally , they outsource to third parties and their interests makes things worse. At the same time Yamaha makes such expansions internally makes them available Globally on fair and descent price tag.
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a way, you can understand this difficulty of getting the styles outside of the Korg India territory...

No doubt these styles were commissioned or created by Korg India as an incentive to buy a Korg arranger. THAT'S where the profit comes from (can't pirate an arranger!). If they allow sales of just the styles outside their sales territory, there goes the incentive for anyone inside their territory to NOT try to get the arranger cheaper from overseas...

And, you can understand their need to outsource the styles from their usual style team... we already have a bunch of Latin styles that aren't REALLY contemporary Latin, Hiphop styles that aren't REALLY modern hiphop, etc., etc.. Do we all need a bunch of Indian styles as equally unauthentic?

The only thing I think could help the situation is to try and get the players of Indian music from outside India to ALL write to Korg Italy, and show them what a large, potentially profitable market segment you are. Unless they hear from you in sufficient numbers, I doubt Korg Italy want to mess with Korg India's exclusivity deal...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: