Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 3.0.2 has been released!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
levioter wrote:
levioter wrote:
First of all I would like to thank you Korg for this update ! Nice job ! Very Happy
In a second step I have a question for you folks:
In OS 3.0 is anybody started to modify his own 2.x combis using 2.x factory programs ?
Is there a script or something to do that automatically already announced ?
I guess I saw Dan talking about that in a previous thread ?

I don't have a lot of them but it could be painful to do this manually and this will imply a very strong file organisation !

Am I missing something ?

Thanks.

Cheers Very Happy

No one could help about my question ?
May be not asked the right way ?
Let me rephrase it:
When you have Combis that are using 2.x programs that now (OS 3.x) have been changed from a bank to another how do you deal with that ? PCGTools ? Any other suggestion ?

Thanks.

Cheers Very Happy

Actually, this is not so simple.

Until so version 2.3, PCG Tools uses the following strategy when copy/pasting programs/combis/set list slots:
- If a program is found in the pasted PCG file that is BYTE WISE identically, it will not be pasted (depending on the copy/paste settings).

However, I can imagine that people want to use the same/improved programs from the V3 (new) PCG file to be used with their combis.
Therefor, I have made two new options in the copy/paste settings:
- Treat Equally Named Patches As Duplicate: when a program is found that has an equal name, than the program will not be copied, and combis/set list slots will refer to that program. If there are more identically named patches: it prefers the one on the same location, otherwise the first occurence.
- However, this is not enough. Some improved programs have been called V2 as postfix. Therefor I made another setting: Treat Like-Named Patches as Duplicates and the Ignore Characters/Parts. If you fill in V2 (you can use multiple fragments, like V2, V3 etc), than those parts will be stripped of at the end of the name. So e.g. ChurchBell and ChurchBell V2 will be treated as duplicates. This can be handy to automatically refer to improved patches to the new PCG file.

I will write a better story about this soon, but so far this is what I have.

As promised:

In case you are intending to copy/paste programs/combis/set lists from your own PCG file to the new factory default file or vice versa, please read some extra info about the new cut/copy/paste settings (via the download tab of my website, just under the Manual header): http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl/download.php

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
levioter wrote:
levioter wrote:
First of all I would like to thank you Korg for this update ! Nice job ! Very Happy
In OS 3.0 is anybody started to modify his own 2.x combis using 2.x factory programs ?

I don't have a lot of them but it could be painful to do this manually and this will imply a very strong file organisation !

Am I missing something ?

Thanks.

Cheers Very Happy

Let me rephrase it:
When you have Combis that are using 2.x programs that now (OS 3.x) have been changed from a bank to another how do you deal with that ? PCGTools ? Any other suggestion ?

Thanks.

Cheers Very Happy

The answer is that updating the OS does not change the loaded Programs in any way.

See the first post in this thread.

- Dan

Also not if you load a 'complete PCG file', meaning with all programs/combis etc in the file.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Davd C. Polich

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivePsy wrote:
black953mj wrote:
OK, I'm perplexed. I posted earlier that my update resulted in a nonresponsive keyboard and grey screen. Reinstalled original OS from dvd and all was well. Reinstalled the update and all was well until I loaded up my backed up PCG... Next time I rebooted, went through boot up and ended up locked with a grey screen. Any thoughts?

Say goodbye to your PCG. It seems to be causing the problem.

B

I'd agree. It seems likely that you have a corrupt PCG, or something in it
"disagrees" with the new O.S.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolute big applause and thanks to you all at Korg ! Very Happy
Download V 3 install successful.
It's Christmas time before Christmas !
And the whole section of Effects has been also largely improved. Fantastic !
And there are so much new discoveries everywhere in this new O.S. What a giant work...
Bravissimo
So lucky we are
So happy too

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
jmol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great update indeed. The new features are most welcome for my live gig. Transpose in setlist, colored parts (per song in my case), such a practical approach, I love it!
And of course the string resonance, a nice touch of brilliance and warmth on the Japanese grands, I keep on playing them now.

Thanks Korg for keeping this wonderful instrument alive and kickin'!

Jan
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JFree wrote:
SanderXpander wrote:
There's only one hardware pedal input.

Not on mine. Plus even if there were, it could be assignable via program vs globally.

Do you mean the switch input? That is a different connection, it wouldn't work. I suppose the damper input at least takes the right kind of signal but that'd create a whole bunch of other issues.

I agree on the global vs. program thing, I have requested that before! There is actually a way to fake this with Karma by the way, look for a thread I started with Karma in the title.
Alternatively, you could assign the pedal to one of the RT knobs and edit that per program for the function you'd like.
mystery.tipster

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks to Korg for a great update everything installed correctly and I also updated the firmware which I didn't realise was out of date on my Kronos. Just a quick question, the new level meters are a great idea on the combis but I find there isn't much movement on the green signal line when I play a sound has any else noticed this? Its not that the particular sounds within the combi are set at low volume either. Is there a adjustment I can tweak somewhere maybe?

Regards

Adam
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the update successfully Friday afternoon. Used my Kronos Version 1, from here forth to be called the KV1 at a rehearsal and as always, it worked as it should! a very happy Jeremy here! Very Happy

A big thanks to all those at Korg, Dan, this Forum, and the Flying Spaghetti Monster!
This was the first update that went smoothly for me. Usually I had problems.
Not this time though.

It's almost like having a whole new keyboard! Wink

Now I just have to figure out a bunch of new things and we're Rawkin'!
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
piangio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Korg. Great buy for the value because of this open architecture!
My keyboard story started with Hammond in 1975 and it went on through several synts until now!
A dream that became true! All that you need in one instrument.
Thank you Korg. You really changed the game.

Last edited by piangio on Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
levioter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

danatkorg wrote:
levioter wrote:
levioter wrote:

Am I missing something ?

Thanks.

Cheers Very Happy

Let me rephrase it:

Thanks.

Cheers Very Happy

The answer is that updating the OS does not change the loaded Programs in any way.

- Dan

Thanks Dan for your answer but my question was about the v2 Combis that are using v2 programs that now are in other banks in the V3 !
I read somewhere in a thread that some programs in v3 are no more in the I banks ! May be this is false ? As I cannot find the voice list name for V3 on the Korg web site I cannot verify !

Cheers Very Happy
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

levioter wrote:
danatkorg wrote:

- Dan

Thanks Dan for your answer but my question was about the v2 Combis that are using v2 programs that now are in other banks in the V3 !

And my answer was that this is not the case. KRONOS software version 3 does not change the Program banks.

The new KRONOS comes with new sounds in a new order, but as described in the first post in this thread and in various notices about this from Korg, those new sounds are not included in software version 3 for older KRONOS models.

In other words, if you install software version 3.0, your sounds don't change.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
black953mj

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all, thanks for taking the time to reply, I was also thinking the PCG may be the problem!

So just to close this out in case anyone gets a frozen unit and grey screen a PCG can be the culprit. Easily fixed though. Just reinstall the last version of the OS the PCG worked on, import the PCG, save it as a NEW PCG, update to 3.0, import your new PCG, good to go.

Hopefully this was some weird isolated issue (I'm betting it was) but figured I'd post my solution just in case.

Thanks to all for your help! Very Happy [/quote]
Minimoog Voyager - DSI Prophet 12 - Sequential Prophet 6 - DSI OB-6 - Access Virus Ti2 - Korg Kronos 2 - KingKORG - Novation MiniNova - Roland JU-06 - Roland RD-700GX - Novation Bass Station Rack - EMU Proteus 2000 - Various other old musical gadgets and dodads
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You installed 2.1.2 after installing 3.0.2 without issues? That's good to know.
semmi78

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great update! I like the new features.
However, the sequencers performance seems a little slower. Could be due to the level meters.
DoubleM

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all: Thanks to Korg for this great update. IMHO that´s a very clever product policy. They may have noticed that a higher contribution margin can be achieved by selling software than hardware. Wink
Me, I´d buy a lot more sound libraries if they´d only let me transfer them from one K to my second K.

Update process ran smoothly, no problems. I first updated my K88 and compared booting time with my K61 placed directly above it. I haven´t timed it, but with the new software the booting process is apr. 1/3 faster.

The only thing that worries me a bit: The K88 did freeze in disk mode the first time ever after the update. Had to reboot it and everything was fine again...

Gear: Kronos-2 61, Kronos 88, KingKorg, MOXF8, Fantom X 7, Hammond XK-1c
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 10 of 15

Jump to: