Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Korg Kronos Arrival in US
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Kronos Arrival in US Reply with quote

scottgblood wrote:
GregC wrote:
scottgblood wrote:
benny ray wrote:
Korg just emailed me and said late January 2015 instead of the date that Guitar Center gave me which was Dec, 12, 2014 not much of an issue but I will patiently wait. unless I flip to Nord Stage 2 although not likely

This is my exact issue, I cannot see the likes of Yamaha lying down and taking a new updated board on the market without firing one out themselves and my biggest concern is that something will come along, catch my eye and I will do the typical keyboardist thing and impulse buy Sad leaving the Kronos behind.

I have a huge gripe with all the stockists that are guestimating delivery dates and then leaving customers in limbo.

what makes you think some kind of dream Yamaha keyboard will be available in January ? I consider that worrywart territory

The Kronos 2 is very tangible.

I don't think anything, I said I am concerned and not just about yammy!

sorry about the misunderstanding. I am quite confident with the Kronos

I am at the point where I don't care what Roland or Yamaha does. There are so far behind where they are looking irrelevant, IMO
ahutnick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW Guitar Center says Dec 27 2014 but I bet this will be wrong.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahutnick wrote:
FWIW Guitar Center says Dec 27 2014 but I bet this will be wrong.

guitar center, LOL

And the 27th is a Saturday

I think they are fishing for preorders before the month ends. It's a sales tactic to book revenue and get bonus/commissions, IMO .

The kronos is hot and they want to beat their competitors for the early orders.

Anyone work at guitar center , care to comment ?
ahutnick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg you're again most likely right on the money with your observations. Kind of funny that Korg was unable to get the latest Kronos model out before Christmas but obviously there are a lot of factors involved with getting something out within a certain time frame.
scottgblood

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahutnick wrote:
Greg you're again most likely right on the money with your observations. Kind of funny that Korg was unable to get the latest Kronos model out before Christmas but obviously there are a lot of factors involved with getting something out within a certain time frame.

its rife in the corporate world unfortunately, announce a new product, let the hype build and boom you have either succeeded and sell lots of units or have a massive fail.
Harpernet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's the same keyboard why not buy a 1st gen kronos upgrade it you will save a few thousand dollars & you end up with basically the same keyboard
Tomdini

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a valid point, and true, there is no real difference performance or feature-wise in the three extant iterations of Kronos, but an equally valid point is the desire for a two-year manufacturer warranty (1 year default + extra year for registering with Korg within 90 days, I think?). If you buy it used, unless you go through GC or someone else who offers a service plan for used gear, the Korg warranty is not transferable and for an instrument of this caliber and expense, especially if you play out regularly, the peace of mind is worth the extra dough for a new board.

I bought my X on close-out so I have the factory warranty and a service plan in effect, all at the price of a used board, so if one is patient it is possible to both have and eat your cake!

-Tom
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harpernet wrote:
If it's the same keyboard why not buy a 1st gen kronos upgrade it you will save a few thousand dollars & you end up with basically the same keyboard

its great to have choices. I am definitely frugal.

Here in the US , one can find 12 month free financing/no payments for a new board. its a powerful incentive
scottgblood

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Harpernet wrote:

its great to have choices. I am definitely frugal.

Here in the US , one can find 12 month free financing/no payments for a new board. its a powerful incentive

We have similar finance offers over here in the uk too, i was offered 0% finance over 18 months when i ordered my K2 but at the last minute paid with my savings because of the 90 day expiration period imposed by the consumer credit act.

Cheers
dave_r

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am from the UK. I have a pending order for the K2. Was told I will be first to get one (from that retailer). They currently have no idea as to when it will be in stock. I've been told that there is very little info on the dealer portal. The dealer is going to touch base with me in the first week of January for an update.

Dave.
bud01

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome thread thanks for the updates ref uk people I live up here in Colindale work in central London.
Whats going to happen to the price of the current kronos x 73 and 88 key units, is there expected to be a price drop on the version 1 units?

how are dealers going to shift kronos 1's once the kronos version 2 arrives.

they are going to have to offer the kronos 1 units in chain / uk stock at silly money to move them?

out of interest for the people in this thread with out a kronos but are getting a kronos 2,

at what price point would you consider getting the orginal kronos x in janurary / feb if it was low enough.

example if you could pick up a kronos x 88 key brand spanking new boxed... for

£1500
£1900
£2250
£2500
£2999, same price

Good question right I was thinking about this today at work.

I really want the Kronos 2, to have such a high quality unit and be able to focus on it and learn it inside out, really interested in the keyboard action vs the px 350 how it measures up.

I am into virtual reality and advanced gaming - Rig - Obutto r3volution - Obsidian 900D - ASUS Duluxe x99 - i7 5820k@4080mhz - 1TB Samsung EVO - Corsair Vengeance DDR4 (black) 16gb 2800Mhz - 3GB Asus GTX 780 Ti DirectCU II OC - 3 x Asus VN279QLB - 1x Oculus Dk2- Blu-ray - Mionix Naos 8200 Mouse - Asus Xonar Phoebus Solo - Razer Tiamat 7.1 true - (DT 770 PRO Headphones + PX350 piano + Omnisphere - Focusrite 6i6 - SE2200a IIC )- T500RS Wheel + TH8a Shifter - Warthog Hotas + Saitek Combat Pedals - IPhone6 128gb + QC20i
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bud01 wrote:
Awesome thread thanks for the updates ref uk people I live up here in Colindale work in central London.
Whats going to happen to the price of the current kronos x 73 and 88 key units, is there expected to be a price drop on the version 1 units?

how are dealers going to shift kronos 1's once the kronos version 2 arrives.

they are going to have to offer the kronos 1 units in chain / uk stock at silly money to move them?

out of interest for the people in this thread with out a kronos but are getting a kronos 2,

at what price point would you consider getting the orginal kronos x in janurary / feb if it was low enough.

example if you could pick up a kronos x 88 key brand spanking new boxed... for

£1500
£1900
£2250
£2500
£2999, same price

Good question right I was thinking about this today at work.

I really want the Kronos 2, to have such a high quality unit and be able to focus on it and learn it inside out, really interested in the keyboard action vs the px 350 how it measures up.

I don't know whats what for inventory in the UK. Here in the US, they are somewhat thorough at cleansing the channel of any old models/X model.

They started that price reduction back in August. we all picked up on that ' signal ' that the new Model was in the works.

As far as the ' secondary market ' like the ebay/online sellers I find it more difficult to qualify if they are peddling a demo, sorta used, maybe new, et, etc. I am careful to get the actual facts from this kind of seller
benny ray
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Korg arrival in US Reply with quote

I can get exactly what I paid for my Kronos X only 1 year old although I got a superdeal thanks to pricematching. I have a friend who wants it but I have a lot of extra sounds and I am selling next week and getting NEW KRONOS OR NORD STAGE 2 but probably going NEW KRONOS does so much more plus I am interested in BECKSTEIN PIANO with 9GB sample although more GB does not mean better sound, I am nervous about selling Kronos its a beast and I have all the updates. I think a few hundred dollars that I have to pay the difference to get NEW KRONOS BETWEEN 4-7 HUNDRED DOLLARS will be worth it. Not sure if I am going to pre order or wait till they hit stores What U think?
ryokorgjapan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
Just report..

Tested new Kronos 2 73 at local music store in Japan.
Key touch has been improoved (again). Smoother and lighter than K or K X.

If Korg would allow us to transfer/cloud licenses as WAVES does, I would buy K2 or future K2 X.
timbukktwo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryokorgjapan- Not to doubt you, though- is this the placebo effect, or have you compared them side by side; also, do you like the feel, personally?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: