Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EliasContassot14

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: I need help Reply with quote

I can't seem to find anything out there to help me. I have been searching for hours. Maybe I'm just stupid, but when I want to export a song that I've made in sequencer mode to an SD-card and be able to play it in my computer, it saves it as TWO files (.pcg and .sng), and I can't seem to be able to convert it into .wav or .mp3 or anything. I drives me CRAZY! Please help me on how to be able to listen to what you have done on sequencer mode on your computer. This is urgent!

Thanks in advance
Auquicu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you read your manual???
Page 18 in the Quick Start Guide.
Pnwclassic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Previous answer was not very helpful. Page 18 of the Quick Start Guide only covers recording onto the SD card, but the question was how to convert the resulting .pcg or .sng files to something playable on a computer. I'm looking for an answer to that too.

Update: Looks like the answer is here: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=89736
castorex

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have only to play the song on the Kross when you are recording on a sequencer at computer side: the kross can send (by default I think) the all events trough MIDI.
If WAV/MP3 is what you want, the previous comment and reference to the manual is correct.
sleepingangel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:22 am    Post subject: creating a wave file Reply with quote

so this is the way I did it and I have the Kross about a week but I'm familiar with the convoluted way these things work

First you go to the sequencer. Make sure your song is exactly the way you want it with the volume levels for all parts etcc.

Next go to the Audio recorder. Hit the the set up button. Then you hit "function" choose the option to "create a new song" once you do that then you use the screen record button to start the recording. Hit it once to put it in record stand by mode and then again to start recording.

Next go over to the sequencer and then start the playback of your piece of music.

Lastly go over to where the song recorded in the audio recorder.
Hit set up again and then Function: rename the song if you want and then
after that choose the option "EXPORT" this will create the wave that you were searching for!!

Hope that helps
Maria
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: