Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Krome Sounds on Kross

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drewtheshmoo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Krome Sounds on Kross Reply with quote

hi guys,

Long story short, need a cheaper synth with great sounds for live performance. Kross vs mx61 right now.

However, neither allow me to create new voices. I already have krome 88. Could I save some of my custom sounds on SD and upload the.pm to the kross?

I'm nervous about spending the money if I can create sounds that I need to gig with, if the ones in the kross already aren't exactly right.

Cheers
Shutoku

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can edit sounds or create entirely new sounds on the Kross.
I do it all the time.
I don't know if you could put Krome sounds on SD and transfer them, but I doubt it.
Auquicu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both, the MX61 and the Kross, and I can tell you the Kross is by far a better synth.

About sound edition, the MX61 is very limited, even with the supplied Vycro MX software editor and the "profesional" paid versión Vycro MX Pro Total Performance editor. In the other hand, the Kross lets you complete edition of your own patches, and also comes with a free software editor that makes the task easier.
shaneblyth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the MX61 its good but the layout is not half as good as the Kross much more depth in the kross and way more useful accessible stuff for live use let alone the sequencing. Depends on what you want that Yamaha to me was more like a one trick Rompler
Macbook Air 13"
Mainstage 3
castorex

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Answer to your question is NO: soundbank are different, embedded waveforms in Kross are different from the Krome, the engine is not exactly the same (but not so far). And Piano sound in the Kross is average...
It is certainly possible to convert manually a sound or a combi from Krome to Kross (if waveforms are compatible), but this will be a hard job !

In your case a MX is certainly a better choice... to change the color of your sounds. You need to listen to the sounds and look for features that are required for you to choose the right keyboard.
Note that the MX serie privide a simple and powerful way to change the sounds without sound cut off... Kross cut off the sound when you change it for another one in live (in any mode: prog, combi or seq). But drum and apergio patterns are not editable in MX, but piano sounds are far better than Kross... keybed is cheap in both cases (perhaps more enjoyable in Kross).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: