Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone Using Oasys's Optical out to iMac's spdif input

View previous topic :: View next topic  
minnkorg

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Anyone Using Oasys's Optical out to iMac's spdif input Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone is using the Oasys connected to Logic 9 or Logic 10 with the Oasys's optical out going into the iMac's Analog/Optical Spdif Audio input plug? I also have the Oasys Midi out going to the iMac via USB interface. That part works flawlessly all the time

My setup has worked for several years but now randomly, Logic gets into a weird state that when I press the middle C on the Oasys, the selected track that is setup for input monitoring takes 1/2 sec or more before I hear the Oasys sound.
If I have also selected another track on Logic that is setup for a Logic Software instrument like a piano for example, that sounds perfect and in real time.
So when I press the middle C. I hear the logic Piano right away and then approx 1/2 sec later, I hear the Oasys output.

To fix this weird state, I just have to press the Logic transport "RUN" key, run the current song under development for a couple bars and push "STOP" on the logic transport. Then everything starts to work perfectly. Then after a few minutes (clocked 2 to 10 minutes) this starts all over again.

Seems that the somehow, the Optical word transmission gets out of sync and by pressing Start and Stop on Logic, it gets fixed. Any ideas anyone? Of couse, Apple tech support is saying that its Korg's fault........

My iMac is a Quad Core Duo fastest CPU available 2 yrs ago and the CPU load never goes above 1/4...or so.

Plenty of RAM and Disk Space......

Operating System is latest Maverick and I have tried both Logic 9 and purchased the latest Logic Pro 10.
iMac 24"-Logic9 Pro,Behringer X32,Roland VS2480CD,Korg Oasys88,Korg Radias, Yamaha Motif XS8, Roland Integra 7,Roland XP80,Roland VPro Session,Fender USA Strat, Gibson Les Paul USA Studio, Ovation Custom,Fender Jazzmaster Base,Roland GT6, Line6 PodXt Live. TC Helicon VoiceLive 2, Marshall JVM 410H 1960CABS. Fender Princeton Chorus.
timbukktwo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought iMacs support ONLY (in terms of HEADPHONE PORT) analog/spdif OUT? That's all I've found! Please tell me I'm wrong!- T.
lcmorley

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timbukktwo wrote:
I thought iMacs support ONLY (in terms of HEADPHONE PORT) analog/spdif OUT? That's all I've found! Please tell me I'm wrong!- T.

I was of the same opinion.

I have just got an iMac. Just wondering how other people have managed to get audio from the Oasys into the iMac.

Currently the only way I see is to save audio from the O to an external drive and the import it into the iMac.

I am very new to this and any suggestions will be very gratefully received.

Please checkout my music at www.soundcloud.com/lcmorley

My Gear History (from 11 years old until now):
Yamaha PSR-31, Technics KN1000, Technics KN5000, Technics KN7000, Korg PA-80, Korg Triton Classic, Microkorg, Korg Triton Studio, Alesis Ion, Korg Legacy Collection, Korg Triton Extreme, Roland Juno D, Access Virus TI 2, Korg M3, Korg Oasys, Roland TR-8, Korg Kronos 2 88 Platinum.
timbukktwo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found out that iMac models (for sure) AFTER a certain year (which year-?-sorry, forgot) dropped support for the s/pdif IN portion (you still have s/pdif out, though). Too bad!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: