Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pandora Mini Patches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Downsideup11

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject: Pandora Mini Patches Reply with quote

Hi there - can anybody explain in simple terms how I can upload a patch (it's saved on my PC) onto the Pandora Mini unit? I'm totally baffled by the instructions with the Sound Editor - it shouldn't be this difficult!

Many thanks in anticipation.
rhysT

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:24 am    Post subject: Loading Pandora Mini Patches Reply with quote

As described briefly in the SoundEditor Librarian functions, you can add other programs/patches using the Open File command.

The program data in the .pxm file on your computer, will be added to the 200 programs in the (RHS) PRESET/FILE PROGRAM LIST.
Scroll down that list and there should be extra program names that you can select and copy them to the (LHS) USER PROGRAM LIST using the Edit menu.

Then transfer your revised User Program List to the module using the TRANSMIT ALL command.
Downsideup11

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhys - thanks for the quick response - really appreciate you taking the time to reply. I still can't get it to work though - just put it down to me being thick!!
rhysT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I can help if you let us know what is/isn't happening in the Editor window:
1. After you select the MIDI In/Out as PX mini 1 CTRL IN/OUT , are the User programs being "RECEIVED" and listed in the Left column of the editor?
2. In the Right column of the editor you will see ROM Programs 200 to 399 listed. When you load your *.pxm file there should be extra Programs 400 to 599 added to that list (with the file name included).
3. Select any of those extra Programs to copy and paste/insert them into the Left column to replace any of the User Programs there.
4. When you've finished pasting/inserting the extra programs, then select Transmit ALL to transfer the revised User Programs to the Pandora mini.

Good luck with it and let us know what step you get up to if you have any further problems.
Downsideup11

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rhys and thanks again for the reply but unfortunately it's still not really working for me - let me explain what's happening....

- When I select the midi in/out as PX mini then yes I get the User Programs on the left hand side of the sound editor.
- Yes in the right hand column I have ROM programs 200 to 399 listed.
- I think the problem now comes when I try to load my .pxm file. OK, I have a .pxm file on my laptop drive entitled "poptones". When I try to load this by using the "Open" command then yes program numbers 400 to 599 are shown on the RHS of the Program list. However the actual patch with the settings for "poptones" isn't there. In the 'From' column (on the RHS) it says "400 (& all the way up to 599) poptones" but the actual program names (next column to the right) are an exact duplicate of the programs 000 to 199 on the LHS (User Prorams), i.e. it's just copying what I already have and not inserting the "poptones" patch.

Clearly I'm doing something wrong here and it's very good of you to try and help me out. If you have time to have another look and maybe point out what I'm doing wrong then I'd be grateful as I don't want to give up on it!

Confused
rhysT

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the patches in your "poptones.pxm" file similar or different to the ones currently in your Pandora mini? If they are similar then what you're seeing makes sense, otherwise I'm not sure why patches 400 to 599 (RHS) appear to match patches 000 to 199 (LHS).

You can easily compare the effects patches in both lists by just selecting them and trying them out, which (btw) is a convenient way to switch patches if you can play near a PC. Just be aware the patch name won't change on the Pandora display as it tracks the rotary encoder.

If the "poptone" patches are what you expested, then you can select and Copy them from the RHS list and Paste/Insert them to the LHS (RAM) list (via the Edit menu) to replace any unwanted patches. I think patches can only be transferred manually from the RHS to LHS columns (if you assumed it could happen when the "poptones" file loaded).

You can also rearrange the order of patches in the temporary (RAM) list and then do a Tranmit ALL command to over-write the Pandora patches.

Hope that helps sort out your problem.
Downsideup11

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rhys - thanks again for the additional info. but I still have the same issue. Appreciate you taking the time out to try and help but I think I'll give up on this one now.
rhysT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've sent you a PM with another .pxm file to try before you give up.

I'm interested to know if the patches sound any different to your module's.

Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Guitar Effects and Tuners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: