Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SQ1 sync Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mutantmoments

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: SQ1 sync Problem Reply with quote

Hi

Just got an SQ1 and it work wonderfully apart from when I try to sync IT from an external device. It plays the first note of the sequence but misses the second. It only does it on the first sweep of the sequence and doesn't do it when it's using its internal clock. Tried reset etc.. I've tried a clock signal from a Kenton Pro Solo and gate signals from my Doepfer A100.

Any suggestions.
chris-korg

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try external sync with a Volca or a Monotribe? My SQ1 works fine with this combination.
In setup you can change "SYNC IN and SYNC OUT polarity" - maybe that´s your problem.

For more details on my findings conc. SQ1 pls have a look at:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=95467
jiggityj

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still waiting for the US to stock them. I've been checking everyday now, haha. Anybody from the states own one yet?
Zenstation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: SQ1 sync Problem Reply with quote

Mutantmoments wrote:
Hi

Just got an SQ1 and it work wonderfully apart from when I try to sync IT from an external device. It plays the first note of the sequence but misses the second. It only does it on the first sweep of the sequence and doesn't do it when it's using its internal clock. Tried reset etc.. I've tried a clock signal from a Kenton Pro Solo and gate signals from my Doepfer A100.

Any suggestions.

I am having the exact same problem as you're describing, but I am trying to tempo sync it to my DAW (USB).
Connecting it to a soft synth works just fine, as long as I don't try to sync it to the DAW's tempo. Then it only plays the first note. This happens in both Ableton and FL Studio, so it seems like it's the SQ-1 that is the problem.

I know that this is a new product, so obviously there will be bugs that need to get fixed, but this is seriously disappointing. I was so excited when SQ-1 came in the mail today, but so far I can't do anything useful with it Sad
Od Nob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been having the same problem too, trying to sync it to Ableton. Seems like a common problem, hopefully they'll issue a fix soon.
jiggityj

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jiggityj wrote:
Still waiting for the US to stock them. I've been checking everyday now, haha. Anybody from the states own one yet?

Cancelled my order from BHPhoto and bought one off eBay from Midistore in Arizona. They should have 6 more if you're from the US. Everybody else moved their dates back to March.
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Od Nob wrote:
I've been having the same problem too, trying to sync it to Ableton. Seems like a common problem, hopefully they'll issue a fix soon.

I don't own the SQ-1 yet, but when I try to sync any of my Korg Volcas to Ableton via MIDI, there's a 50% chance of error. When I turn on Ableton's metronome and press play, the Volca sequencers will either start exactly on beat following the metronome, or right inbetween. So it's not exactly out of sync, just slightly off beat. To fix this, I just keep pressing stop and play again in Ableton till both are perfectly matched.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
Mutantmoments

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the replies.

I think I've sorted the problem, it seemed to be a combination of the duty setting and my decay setting on the envelope of my doepfer. But as to why it only happened when using external sync in I've no idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: