Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Considering Buying an Oasys, Have a Few Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex,

Yes, the proper hard case / flight case is another issue if you want to transport it to gigs. (Sure it's not needed inside the house.)

I have a good protective case but this literally doubles the weight of the package and I admit - while it's possible - it's not easy to move. I don't have a better solution yet.

We, especially musicians, have to take care of our hands, wrists, arms, backs, knees, legs, etc. Maybe I will change the current case to this one. It's almost as heavy as my current one but has two handles on each side so I could grab the case with two hands - easier to hold it and the load on each arms is halved. (Additional advantage: the top of the case is removable, so you don't have to take the OASYS out of the case, it can rest on the bottom half.)

If you transport the O yourself, a proper car is needed with enough space in the back... Very Happy

All the above problems can be avoided by involving professional transport service and roadies.
CrazyFoo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s been a busy night but I am making progress.
As you know my OS was 1.0.1 when I brought it home, and I was unable to find the Public ID, but I have made some progress, allow me to share my results with you.

I was looking through the OS Installation discs which the previous owner gave me and I noticed there were actually 2 sets of discs (4 CD’s) in each set.
Set #1 was 1.0.1 = my current OS
Set #2 was 1.1.0 = Aha! I know that in order for me to upgrade to 1.3.3.a, I must first have 1.1.0 installed, but how the heck can I upgrade to 1.1.0 if I don’t have a Public ID?
I was feeling like a dog chasing my tail, so I attempted to follow the instructions in the Oasys Parameter Guide and followed page 906 (Restoring the Oasys from the Factory CD’s)

As soon as I inserted CD #1, I was given a blue screen that said:
“The Oasys Must Be Re-Authorized Before the Installation Can Continue”, it then displayed my Public ID! Armed with this elusive number, I then visited the Korguser.net website and attempted to register the Oasys. The previous owner told me he never registered it (He bought it new), so I thought “I should be able to since I have the public ID, the SN, and the exact date he purchased it as well as the store.

I filled out the forms as if I was the original purchaser, and “Voila!”, 30 minutes later I received an email from Korg with a zip file and instruction on how to re-authorize.
After following the instructions and burning an ISO image to CD, the re-authorization was a success, and then I updated to version 1.1.0.
I then went to the korguser.net site and downloaded the update titled 1.3.3a, & after successfully completing it, this is where I ran into my first problem. On the start-up screen it shows my current OS as 1.3.3, but where is the (a)? Shouldn’t it say 1.3.3a? It only says 1.3.3, so something went wrong somewhere.

I double checked the file I downloaded from Korg, and confirmed the file to be 1.3.3a but on the Oasys start-up screen, the “a” is missing. Here is what the screen looks like now:

So now what is left to do to fully update my O and unlock all the available expansions, and which order should I do it in?
Thanks guys, I’m getting there and now after tonight I’m a lot closer 

5am, I need sleep!
t_tangent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again and glad that you were able to get it updated. I can't remember what the 'a' on 1.3.3 was for exactly but I am pretty sure it doesnt matter and mine doesnt have an 'a' on the screen either

Re the expansions the order doesnt matter. Mod-7 is very cool if you like FM synthesis. Or the LAC-1 is emulations of the Korg MS-20 and MonoPoly, and they are great as well. In fact, just get all the expansions, they are all worth having.Smile

Love the photo of your OASYS too, and yes a very cool looking stand for it. And hope you got some sleep this weekend Smile

Cheers for now
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex,

Please read this topic (especially the last pages and the answer from Dan Phillips) about 1.3.3 or 1.3.3a.

P.S. What a coincidence! Our initials are the same. Very Happy I also used AJ in the past on this forum and on Karma Lab site. Then changed to my real name.
CrazyFoo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks t.

AJ, that is kind of cool.
You know I was born in your neck of the woods, not very far from you in a city called Kosice'. According to my mom, I was almost born in Hungary, but the train was on time, lol

Regards
AJ Smile
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really cool! Very Happy

Košice - as we call it in Hungary: Kassa (pronounced approx. "Kash-shah") - was a Hungarian city, now belongs to Slovakia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kosice
(use Košice in the address above)
CrazyFoo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes now I remember, "Kasha".
I was there for a visit in 1989, spent 7 days there.

What's strange, I can't remember how to speak Cz or Sl, but yet I still remember how to speak Hu, weird eh?
I can understand 100%, and speak about 70%, and if I try hard and go slow, I can even read some, but I have to go very slow and sound it out.

Smile
Drew FM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went through almost the same scenario purchasing a used Oasys. She never played it, never registered. There wasn't a scratch to be found! Best part was it was only 20 miles away, so local pick-up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: