Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question on user banks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg_Latouche

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Question on user banks Reply with quote

Hi all,

After using the Kronos for some time I try to get into the user bank subject in order to save some space. There is still a thing that I don’t get – can anyone help?

I load a “normal” KSC file and the corresponding PCG. Then I save again, and a “user bank.ksc” file is created. Afterwards, I open this user bank file and choose “clear all” so that the old KSC file is not in RAM anymore. But now my programs still have reference to the KSC-file, and I would have to go into every single program and change the osc-settings. Is there a way to have that done automatically? What is my mistake?

Thanks for your help
Greg
Greg_Latouche

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Oh, I thought this was an easy question...

Really no one who can help?

Thanks again
Greg
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say you load a "normal" KSC where did this file come from? Did you create it from your own samples or ones you converted?

You shouldn't have to make any changes to the OSC int he Programs. Normally, the .KSC and _UserBank.KSC will work equally well with the Programs that reference them. Tell use a little more about where they came from and how exactly you are saving them.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When saving, are you ticking the box "force new sample bank ID"? If so, don't.
Greg_Latouche

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that was really fast - thanks for your replies!

I tried it - still it does not work. So this is where I am coming from and this is what I do:

- I have a few dozens of samples, partially recorded on the Kronos, partially imported .wav files
- Those make a handful of multisamples, wich I converted to programs and use them in the U-AA bank
- For a test I opened tihs KSC file, saying "clear all" - so there is no other sampling, EXi or EXs data in RAM anymore
- I save sampling data, creating a file named "test", setting "include: Samling mode data" and Sampling mode data options: All" - "Force new UserSample Bank ID" not being checked
- I then save bank U-AA to a PCG file named "test"
- Now I load the file "test_UserBank.KSC", again with the setting "clear all"
- Playing a program of bank U-AA, I hear - nothing. I look into OSC/pitch and find the alert "Not loaded". As source for the multisample, "Old RAM mono" is displayed. I have to change this to "test_mono", then it works again.
- I try loading the newly saved PCG file "test" - but the result is the same

The mulstisamples keep looking for the old source. Every reference to the user bank has to be done manually.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks
Greg
Greg_Latouche

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing:

The original .KSC file is quite old - the user bank functionality did not exist when I first created it. Could that be an explanation? - And which way should I then take to have KSC and UserBank files that are linked in a proper way and work together?
danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg_Latouche wrote:
One more thing:

The original .KSC file is quite old - the user bank functionality did not exist when I first created it. Could that be an explanation? - And which way should I then take to have KSC and UserBank files that are linked in a proper way and work together?

The latest manuals have specific instructions for converting older banks. Follow them, and you'll be fine.
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
Greg_Latouche

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Dan! Now I found it - even in thhe german manual - and will give it a try this weekend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: