Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa 50sd xy joystick and Cubase

View previous topic :: View next topic  
melodystyle

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Pa 50sd xy joystick and Cubase Reply with quote

Hello from Greece.
I use Pa 50 sd and cubase 5.I cannot in anyway to use the xy joystick inside cubase so as to control the mowheel and pitchbender of various samplers such as Kontakt 5 .How can this be done??????
Thanks in advance.I read manual search the net but i cannot.please help.
***I have installed the pa 50sd as an external instrument if this helps through the .xml file from korg official site.
melodystyle

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to refer my system setup.Midi out from Korg Pa 50sd to Lexicon Omega Midi In and Midi Out of Lexicon Omega into Midi In of Korg Pa 50sd,
Lexicon Omega via usb to pc.
phatt

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi melodystyle,
I will assume you are trying to get the software to control the Pitchbend and Modulation on the pa50?
If so, You likely need to setup the global parameters for the incoming midi data.
Read page 129 (page9 midi in filters) mod wheel and pitch bend receive are likely switched off.

You may also find that setting midi in channels on page 127 (page 6 midi in channels) to *Global* may need to be activated as well.
HTH, Phil. Reading The Manual
melodystyle

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and thanks for your reply.
What i'm trying to do is to control modwheels and pitcbends of software samplers with the XY Joystick from Pa50sd.
I ll try your suggestion and i ll answer.Thanks for your help.
melodystyle

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phatt wrote:
Hi melodystyle,
I will assume you are trying to get the software to control the Pitchbend and Modulation on the pa50?
If so, You likely need to setup the global parameters for the incoming midi data.
Read page 129 (page9 midi in filters) mod wheel and pitch bend receive are likely switched off.

You may also find that setting midi in channels on page 127 (page 6 midi in channels) to *Global* may need to be activated as well.
HTH, Phil. Reading The Manual

Thanks a lot for your reply but nothing happened.Its been a headache now.Have searched everything.
phatt

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, check the midi send setup on pa50 and also check the software receive midi and that part I'm not sure about as I don't have cubase but have used it long ago and I do recall that you could filter almost any midi message.

I would assume that would be in a drop down menu somewhere, The later cubase is vastly more complex so might be hard to find. maybe hit the cubase forums for answers if you can't find the filters.
Phil.
melodystyle

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All gone with the wind.........Even in standalone version of kontakt5 my pa50sd doesn't send midi data from xy joystick.I can check it through tme midi icon in kontakt.
I've midi in+midi out filters off.
The only things that sends midi data from korg to daws and standalone apps are the assignable slider nexto to master vol and acc volume, the pedal switch which i have and from the keys(notes).
I should also mention that when i assign the slider to send keyboard expression or joystick +/- x/y messages it doesn't send those messages.It sends cc12,cc13, and vcdf.
I'm searching but in no way i've achieved to assign the xy joystick.
Has anybody assigned it ????????
Please if anyone ,do help me
melodystyle

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: SOLVED Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

After pressing the Performance button in the right area of Pa 50sd next to Program button it started sending midi messages and i assigned my joystick.
Thanks for your trying to help me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA80 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: