Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This KROSS has a nice Piano Sound.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tommymandel

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: This KROSS has a nice Piano Sound. Reply with quote

Even the 61-note model. Smile
castorex

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really in the actual standard... any entry-level digital piano has a far better piano sound... but it is usable if you play pop/rock. If we consider the tiny ROM size for the samples, the piano sound is quite good.

88 and 61 version use the same sound engine, so they sound logically the same. I prefer the 61 version: easy to carry, very compact and lightweigth, good keybed (comparing to the NH keybed Shocked and the incredible size of the 88 version).
krossuser4

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Korg Kross Piano Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaoxfNSe56Y
Korglee

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the main Kross piano and the upright, both have great character.
Shutoku

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had my Kross 61 for about a year now, and I can honestly say I like it more now than when I bought it.

I've always liked a very bright piano, and the Kross Grand is my go to sound.
I also really enjoy the full BX3 organ, and the wurly sounds.

I struggled with the overtly digital sounding portamento on minimoog type sounds, but I've accepted that I pretty much need to use fingered portamento and that more or less solves the problem. Not perfect but usable.

I'm getting used to the keybed. One thing that I think delayed that was using the Kross in the midst of a multi keyboard rig.

Recently I did a gig where I needed to strike the stage fast, so I decided to just use the Kross with some splits and layers. This forced me of course to use the Kross keybed exclusively. I think playing it with a fairly pianistic approach works pretty well. It still is not good when you have to play up higher on the keys, so songs in Abm will still be problematic, but fortunately guitarists don't like such keys either (unless they use capos)

I still wish they made a 73 key version with weighted keys, and NOT putting the pitch and mod wheels beside the keys. I really want a light weight, weighted action piano/workstation that fits in a small car without putting seats down.

The obvious option is the sv1, but it is actually kind of heavy and a lot pricier than the Kross 61. Still, if I had the cash I'd likely own one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: