Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Styles and performance banks management for MicroArranger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lsx1988

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Styles and performance banks management for MicroArranger Reply with quote

Hi,

I recently bought a Korg MicroArranger.

In order to manage the existent styles's library I tried PRM v2.4.1 by RicFreak, but it was made for PA50 with floppy and hardisk while the MicroArranger use a SD card.

I found another software called XRM v1.3.2 for PA1x, but the styles number stored in a bank is different from the MicroArranger (32 instead of 16).

I was thinking about creating a software with part of XRM v1.3.2 by MickB and part of PRM 2.4.1 by RicFreak.

If anyone has the source code of the mentioned software maybe I could try to create something that works with MicroArranger.

Thanks
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Styles and performance banks management for MicroArrange Reply with quote

lsx1988 wrote:
I found another software called XRM v1.3.2 for PA1x, but the styles number stored in a bank is different from the MicroArranger (32 instead of 16)

It is not necessary to change XRM-software, because it should be possible also to manage style-banks for Microarranger with 16 styles/bank.

If using XRM to import styles for creating style-banks for Micro-Arranger, do not use more than 16 styles to be selected for style-banks. On right side of XRM-window only use one column for selection - the second, right column for the next 16 styles should be empty. If necessary use arrow to left, to remove styles from bank.

Use selected maximum of 16 styles to save bank (FCool and make sty-file (F5) to get a style-bank with maximal 16 styles, ready for your Micro-Arranger.

If you know how to update software (in vb6) it would be better to update and expand XRM-software to be able handling styles and style-banks for newer styleformat of Pa900/600. Sourcecode/setup for Pa1x written you can find for download http://www.oggettiinformatici.it/ricfreakprog/XRM.htm

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
lsx1988

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Styles and performance banks management for MicroArrange Reply with quote

Hi siebenhirter,
siebenhirter wrote:
It is not necessary to change XRM-software, because it should be possible also to manage style-banks for Microarranger with 16 styles/bank.

Thanks for the tip.
I tried and even the performance section works, if the number of presets stored in the bank is limited to 8.

siebenhirter wrote:
If you know how to update software (in vb6) it would be better to update and expand XRM-software to be able handling styles and style-banks for newer styleformat of Pa900/600. Sourcecode/setup for Pa1x written you can find for download http://www.oggettiinformatici.it/ricfreakprog/XRM.htm

This available sourcecode concerns the XRM v1.2 by RicFreak.
This version lacks the performance management and has some errors on the management of banks (I personally verified the code).
I think that starting from this version would take much longer than using the XRM 1.3.2 by Mickb.

siebenhirter wrote:
If you know how to update software (in vb6) it would be better to update and expand XRM-software to be able handling styles and style-banks for newer styleformat of Pa900/600.

I don't have neither a Pa900 or Pa600 so I wouldn't be able to test it.
If I'll find the sourcecode 1.3.2 I'll try to create a custom version for microarranger.
By
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: