Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PLEASE HELP HELP HELP!!! uploaded custom sounds, lost others

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#2RILL

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: PLEASE HELP HELP HELP!!! uploaded custom sounds, lost others Reply with quote

i just received a diskette with custom sounds today i bought from a seller on EBay for my Triton ProX... the sounds all sound the same, a crap load of just the same sounds over and over flooding my library, i can't even access the sounds that were in my keyboard, custom sounds i can't find on any disk anywhere... am i screwed??? Crying or Very sad
#2RILL

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it seems i have found the custom sounds in program, but i can't access them through the sequence, the tabs are labeled different, but are all the same sound, upon uploading the disk however, i do not recall there being an option to assign to different banks, seems like the disk start writing and assigning on its own
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you screwed (imagine frowny emoji here).... well, yeah, probably twice.

First, (cuz you were the one who had your hands on the machine) unless YOU saved your custom sounds before loading that internet 3rd party disk, what you had before has been overwritten. You wee asked at least twice "do you mean it?" You said "yes". There is no "go back, I didn't mean it" button. It is just plain gone.

Having burned that bridge, the obvious fix going forward is two-fold. First, learn the routine; if you're the kind of person that makes check lists do that... first step is save your set-up and able the disk. Then hook up to a computer and save your stuff there. Get hold of one of several FREE (so no excuse not to) librarian programs and use those for organizing and setting up custom .pcg files. That way you know exactly what and where programs and combis are going on your keyboard.
- - - - - -
Second, there are thousands of sounds here at KF free. Theres's programming help here, also free (ask). Some folks are willing to write things for you (ask) and others are willing to point you down exploratory paths (ask) or provide you with quick tips for generating new sounds (ask). Why are you buying anything you've never heard from guys you don't know on the internet - there's only a handful of people who's sounds I'd consider buying and none of them are on eBay - they all have their own sites on-line or are endorsed by Korg.com as 3rd party developers. The the very least ask here for reviews or opinions on what you're considering.

Some of the free sounds here are awful, some are absolutely terrific. You can decide. I have no problem spending time to decide I hate something, that takes all of 2 seconds. Thank you, no, NEXT! I have a real problem spending cash on worthless crap that I feel like I have to keep - it feels like being strapped to a chair and made to watch the worst of America's got talent audition rejects. I PAID for this?

One last bit of advice that has to do with telling the difference and what to do next.

You can audition all programs by digging down into the disk menu to the individual program level. As you highlight any program you will hear that program before loading it. You can then choose to load just that sound to the location of your choice. So - save your current sounds (duh!) - then set them aside or save them someplace safe. Make a location checklist - Bank A - 000, 001, 002, 003... etc. Then download the .pcg files here to as many didks as it takes and then access each disk one at a time and start auditioning sounds.

As you find a good sound save it to the next location - you may be overwriting sounds. You will quickly start to build a bank of great sounds, ALL of which you like playing or find useable.

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...

Last edited by billbaker on Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
billbaker
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"i do not recall there being an option to assign to different banks"

You won't get asked that until you dig down into the disk menu far enough to see programs or combos at the bank level. At that point you can grab all of Bank C and select a new location (e.g., E) and write the new bank there. You're writing a full bank to a full bank.

It sounds like you just selected "load the disk" and pressed "yes". If you want to load the bank you have to be at the "load bank" level, not "load full disk" level. Even if the disk only contains one bank (e.g.., C) loading at the disk level will load straight to C, loading at the bank level will give you the choice of C (default) or any other bank.

Clear?

BB

Triton Extreme 88, Triton Classic Pro, Trinity V3 Pro
+E-mu, Alesis, Korg, Kawai, Yamaha, Line-6, TC Elecronics, Behringer, Lexicon...
#2RILL

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much for your replies and advice. iam so not used to all the tech stuff... ive been playing with Korgs since there wasnt programs compatible with pc/mac... so i have no clue how to even have them communicate with each other, as i didnt even MIDI my board ever. the most indid was a factory reset with factory disks long ago on the first triton i owned. all the hooking up to computers pretty much needs to be done now a days for good back-up, edits and what not, i just have NO CLUE how to even start all that. all i do with these things is play, sequence, and pattern. if there are sounds that are still in my board that are salvageable, how do i save just those sounds? id like to factory reset, and just refill/fully load my board with what sounds are salvagable in my board, and with new sounds/kits. say i wanted to download the authentic Korg pcm's (trance, studio essentials, etc.,) or flood my board with user producer kits... is it really as simple as 1. buying a 3.5 usb floppy drive 2. download zips, click n drag zips from pc/mac to usb floppy 3. insert loaded floppy with zips into Triton? i dnt even want to say this, but my board was used to score the Kill Bill 2 OST, this was RZA's board from the Wu-Tang Clan... so u can see why i freaked out about my sounds being lost... honestly i felt like i just popped the disk in, and it started loading and assigning itself after i selected it from "disk load page"... SMDH
Lith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you indeed have a Triton Studio, there is a small possibility that you might be saved. If this belonged to someone before you, they may have made a backup of their own sounds onto the hard drive that is built into the Triton Studio.

1, Go into disk mode

2, There is a list at the bottom left of the screen and you can scroll through the list to the internal hard drive. (see the manual on how to do this).

3, There may be one or two backups on the internal drive of the original information.

IF YOU LOAD ONE OF THESE BACKUPS... YOU WILL LOSE ALL OF THE CURRENT COMBI AND PROG DATA.

If you don't mind losing the info you loaded via floppy, try and load one of those backups if they exist.

You could also go to the Korg site and download the original factory Soundset which is pretty good for the Triton Studio. While there, download the manual and read the part about DISK Mode if you don't already have a manual. It might help you get your head around how it all works. I really hope for your sake, that there is a backup of the previous sounds in your Triton.

Just a note, your Triton cannot read zip files, so putting them onto a floppy will not be a good idea. You will have to extract the zip files first and then copy the extracted files to the floppy disk.

The Expansion sets (Trance Attack, Studio Essentials etc). will not work on your Triton unless you also have purchased and installed the expansion RAM boards that come when you purchase that particular EXB (expansion board). The Triton Studio has room for 7 extra expansion boards and you can find them pretty cheap on e-bay etc. They are inserted into the keyboard through the flap at is held down with a screw on the top left of your keyboard. Hope that helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Studio All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: