Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DELETING A BANK

View previous topic :: View next topic  
methusala

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject: DELETING A BANK Reply with quote

Hi,

Somehow I've duplicated a complete bank 1-127 patches. I have therefore got 2 identical sound banks. They happen to be Combi patches. User Bank F is the same as Combi User Bank G.

I want to delete User Bank F--all of it.

Is there a fool proof way of doing it?

Patrick
StephenKay
KARMA Developer
Approved Merchant
KARMA Developer<br>Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way to "empty" a combi bank is to load an INIT bank into it, thereby erasing whatever was there. For that, you need to have a file containing INIT combis.

If you have an INIT bank still in your OASYS, you could save a PCG file and then load that INIT bank into the other bank. Sadly, with the way Korg names INIT combis in the OASYS, that will result in the combis having the wrong INIT names I think I recall (i.e. if you load bank UG INIT Combis they will all be named "InitCombiUGxxx" or something like that) so if you load them into UF they will still all be named UG - but they will still be empty.

Or, if you happen to have the KARMA Oasys software, you could create an initialized bank of combis and then send it over via SysEx. This will give you the correct names. Smile

methusala

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: DELETING A BANK Reply with quote

Stephen,

Thank you. It might be trickier than I first thought. I posted the same thread over on the Kronos page which has also resulted in a few replies.

Best wishes
Patrick
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With PCG Tools, you can use the Clear command to empty programs, combis or set list slots.

However, it does not completely initialize a patch, but removes the name and in case for combis/sset list slots, it clears the most important data (like program/combi references).

The result is, on your synth you will see empty names, which is in most cases more than enough.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Oasys All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: