Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turning the Mini into a Module

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tito_tunes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Turning the Mini into a Module Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

I should be receiving my MS-20 mini soon. I learned synthesis years ago on my friend's original MS-20 (which he rescued from his highschool's dumpster) and am happy to be able to get a piece of that sound.

My question is how feasible would it be to chop off the keys and rehouse the mini in a flat desktop case, like the MS-20m kit? I plan to use it primarily with my EWI 4000s midi wind controller and/or ableton push. Does anybody know of someone who has done this?

I have access to a laser-cutter so I was thinking of making a new smaller case out of wood, and leaving room for some extra patch points, mults etc.

Any advice is much appreciated thanks!
Jamie Munro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after disconnecting the keyboard internally before any cutting I cannot see any problems, of course you will need to be halfway decent at fabrication or it's going to look like a right mess.

Good luck dude, I'm sure there are lots of people on the web who have attempted or achieved this.

Be cool to see the finished article if you do it
brandonpturner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mounted mine. I started a thread for it, here.
Kernelkunt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exactly what I would like to do with my mini too. However, I do not have access to any fabrication tools, so finding a suitable enclosure seems to be the biggest hinderance at this point.
Kernelkunt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out the picture near the bottom of this page: http://forum.anafrog.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10273&start=1440

Looks absolutely ideal, exactly what I had in mind. What I Wonder though, is what would have to be done with the PSU input on the backside. Would it have to be resoldered? [/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: