Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ES2 + Waldorf blofeld
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rotlaub

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: ES2 + Waldorf blofeld Reply with quote

Has anyone tried this setup? Is it working?
Sequencing the blofeld via the electribe and then sending the output of the blofeld back into the electribe (audio in).
jbvdb493

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if this helps but I do it with the iPad version of nave which is very similar to the blofeld
kofla

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: ES2 + Waldorf blofeld Reply with quote

rotlaub wrote:
Has anyone tried this setup? Is it working?
Sequencing the blofeld via the electribe and then sending the output of the blofeld back into the electribe (audio in).

I do!, i use the electribe to sequence the Blofeld. Without problems.

First I make a track with a electribe OSC.
Then change that OSC to audio in "OSC" (freeing Polyphony)
Then conect via midi to blofeld. Each track electribe automatically activate the corresponding blofeld track painless.
mr canister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, that's my setup. e2+blofeld. the blofeld has multimode, so i set it to omni. switching parts live on the e2 and creating different sequence interplay's good fun. the only problem is that i can't stop the blofeld from receive volume change on corresponding channels. i can't stop program change with a pattern change on the e2 either. been thru it all on the blofleld. think it must be a bug? any help would be great. i'm trying to program an arduino to filter midi data for this and it ain't going too well
jbvdb493

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try the midi filter on the electribe?
mr canister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i've tried the filter but doesn't have an option just to send note on/off.
i thought that it was a bit odd that they didn't include it? tried on the blodeld to block program change and cc receives. didn't work, which might be another blofeld bug. nice synth but it's got a few little bugs sneaking around it still. the only option at the mo is putting them thru a js cc filter in Reaper.
Poumtschak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr canister wrote:
yeah, i've tried the filter but doesn't have an option just to send note on/off. i thought that it was a bit odd that they didn't include it?

Yeah, this is a PITA. Hope Korg will beef up the tribe sequencer MIDI parameters in a future firmware release, if any.
In the meantime, think I'm gonna invest in a Miditech MIDI Thru 4 / Filter, to avoid the need of a computer in the loop.

Rolling Eyes
rotlaub

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's all a bit complicated?
I was thinking the blofeld could take over synth duties, because it has two available effect slots. Plus, it would free up some voices.
jbvdb493

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a blofeld but have not used it with the electribe yet (just got it) did you get the issue worked out in this particular set up?
mr canister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think they work well for me because i like the sound, multimode and sample options(i've got the e2) of the blofeld. the work around so far is to set program change to a channel you're not sequencing the blofeld from. i set mine to 16. the volume one is only a hassle if you want to keep changing the volume on the corresponding e2 part, then you have to change it back on the blofeld! i'm really happy with them together. i've had the e2 for a month-it's mint little bit of kit Smile
thanks for the miditech info.
Pedroschki

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:12 am    Post subject: Pattern change to change multi mode Reply with quote

Hi - new here, greetings all... I'm trying to get my E2 to change the blofeld's multi when changing pattern. I can't work out how to do it. Does anybody know if this is possible? Thanks...
mr canister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, pedro. i don't think that's possible unless you're using the the e2 as a controller via a daw. i could be wrong tho. also the e2 program change values don't seem to correspond with the blofelds- say if you select pattern 101 on the e2, you will not get 101 patch on the blofeld. these are just my observations, i don't have a clue what's going on technically! put the blo in multi mode and you'll have 16 different patches to play around with.
Loudest

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey folks,
I also use my beloved Blofeld with the e2s

I set the electribe parts on the "audio in" osc
and the Blofeld is in "MULTI"
(I reinject the audio of the Blofeld to the audio input of the e2s)

just like you I guess..

but if I want to export the audio it seems the sound of the Blofeld is altered
if my sound have long tails (reverb,delay..) the audio export on the electribe cuts the notes on these parts
any idea?
(no problem in "playback mode", the sound is good, it happens just when I want to export)
Loudest

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poumtschak wrote:
In the meantime, think I'm gonna invest in a Miditech MIDI Thru 4 / Filter, to avoid the need of a computer in the loop.

...for the CC correspondence issue between the blofeld and the electribe I think something like that is more appropriate:
http://www.midisolutions.com/prodepp.htm

I plan to buy one and remap all the CC sent by the knobs of the electribe to correspond with the Blofeld's ones
So I could control my Blofeld from the electribe! Very Happy
(and no more accidental knob turn who changes an unwanted parameter on the Blofeld)

I thought to build something like that with an arduino...cheaper solution! but I don't have a lot of time for that....
plus, this one is self-powered (through MIDI) autonomous..I don't know how to do that with an arduino..
mr canister

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could try setting the part priority for the blofeld input to high. that might work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: