Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Damper Pedal Sustain
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. My setup is simply: Piano on the right and acoustic bass on the left of the split point. Yes, the main screen shows there are more instruments on the right like strings or a pad but they are muted. Did you see my other reply about pg. 121 showing something different than output? Truly appreciate your help here.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brs wrote:
Thank you. My setup is simply: Piano on the right and acoustic bass on the left of the split point. Yes, the main screen shows there are more instruments on the right like strings or a pad but they are muted. Did you see my other reply about pg. 121 showing something different than output? Truly appreciate your help here.

Yes, I answered you -- see last post on page 1 of this thread.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brs wrote:

Try selecting a piano for LOWER and test that the damper works as expected. You will have different effects from the damper depending on the sound and how it was programmed.

Johann Sebastian Bach

Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
brs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I should describe how I select the voices. Turning the Havian on it's in single mode meaning the piano plays across the entire keyboard. I then turn off the "accomp" button on the left of the keyboard, leaving "memory" on but then pressing "man/bass" manual bass. This automatically brings up a split with piano right, acc. bass left.
brs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless I'm wrong here, pg.21 jsut gives me the choice of selecting Headphones or Line Out. It does not say anything about being able to use the Live Out and still keep the speakers on. Plugging in a cable to an external speaker shuts off the internal speakers, again, unless I'm wrong.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brs wrote:
Unless I'm wrong here, pg.21 jsut gives me the choice of selecting Headphones or Line Out. It does not say anything about being able to use the Live Out and still keep the speakers on. Plugging in a cable to an external speaker shuts off the internal speakers, again, unless I'm wrong.

I thought there might have been a chance the speakers would stay on in Line Out mode.

Usually you would want the speakers to turn off when you use either headphones or external speakers. There is normally a physical disconnect at the headphone output jack that could be disabled easily by a qualified technician.

Johann Sebastian Bach

brs

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's only possible when you have a dedicated Headphone jack and dedicated line out/s. I think Korg needs a really good tongue lashing over this because this one thing that I mistakenly took for granted would be included as it is on Casio (dedicated headphone and output), I now have to return this keyboard and pay a 10% restocking fee. It's a cheap cop-out.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brs wrote:
I think it's only possible when you have a dedicated Headphone jack and dedicated line out/s. I think Korg needs a really good tongue lashing over this because this one thing that I mistakenly took for granted would be included as it is on Casio (dedicated headphone and output), I now have to return this keyboard and pay a 10% restocking fee. It's a cheap cop-out.

You could just have a tech wire you 2 line outs (or one stereo output) - plenty of room on the back panel. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

brs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think a tech really could install another output? Would it affect with the warranty? I would do this if Korg would tell me it is possible for sure. Do you think they would say it would work?
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brs wrote:
Do you think a tech really could install another output? Would it affect with the warranty? I would do this if Korg would tell me it is possible for sure. Do you think they would say it would work?

Not sure where you are located, but perhaps there is an Korg authorized service station that could do the work. If you need to maintain the warranty be sure to get authorization in writing for a service center to do the work.

Johann Sebastian Bach

brs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Just want to clarify, are you saying to have the work done at a Korg authorized service center only and that way the warranty is maintained? You do actually feel adding another output is possible...there would be no software related issues?
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brs wrote:
Thanks. Just want to clarify, are you saying to have the work done at a Korg authorized service center only and that way the warranty is maintained? You do actually feel adding another output is possible...there would be no software related issues?

See my post in the other thread.

Johann Sebastian Bach

brs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject: Diagrams missing Reply with quote

I located a Korg Tech in my area who will install the separate line out as you mentioned. I told him about the two diagrams you posted you posted detailing what it would look like but they have since disappeared from the post. Would you re-post them again? Thank you.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Diagrams missing Reply with quote

brs wrote:
I located a Korg Tech in my area who will install the separate line out as you mentioned. I told him about the two diagrams you posted you posted detailing what it would look like but they have since disappeared from the post. Would you re-post them again? Thank you.

Here you go ...

This mod does not require adding extra outputs. It works on the existing headphone jack by disabling the cut-out switches on the jack.

Johann Sebastian Bach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: