Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amazing Sound...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
7keys

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: Amazing Sound... Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dotSyxKZ89A

I have seen the above video on YouTube The Violin is amazing, can someone tell me is this violin sound a PA3X PRESET factory sound or has it been created or added through an expansion sound set?

Actually I have been looking in to keyboards for awhile and I am in decisive on whether to get PA3X or Kronos ? I know that these two are completely different keyboards but both will give me what I want but my main concerned is the sounds!

2) Is the sound quality the same for both or not?

3) Does the Kronos have the same violin sounds as the PA3X?

4) Sound wise what is the difference between the 3X and 4X? (in both sound quantity and quality !)

5) Sound wise what is the difference between the 4X and Kronos2 ? (Quality !)
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is part of an Assyrian SET for the PA3X, done by Dani Keyboard.

It's pretty good! I don't think you get control over when the vibrato kicks in, though. It appears to be hard wired into the sample. But for music at this kind of tempo, it works well. Just be aware that if you use the sound at faster tempi, it's unlikely any longer notes will be long enough for it to kick in...

There's a good PA4X demo up with a particularly good classical violin that seems to be part of the ROM sounds (haven't heard it on a PA3X yet, but may have missed it) but it's far more western in sound and type.

But you might be able to get some of the DNC effects you hear here with some programming (the portamento kicking in either from a switch or an intervalic jump).

He's also got some great string ensemble tutti sounds, layering that solo sound in with double octave strings (a common Middle Eastern sound). Some nice programming, Dani!
7keys

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply but I still haven't got a useful answer from what you have said! Is there anyone who can answer my questions?
tarek

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

7keys wrote:
Thanks for your reply but I still haven't got a useful answer from what you have said! Is there anyone who can answer my questions?

Dear the voice used its not part of pa3x stock sound for sure , its part of a set , arabic or oriental set , same,we build our sets on all korg keyboard because the stock sounds 99 % of them are useless to our music, and there alot more nice sounds than this vilon, for this particular sound its called , solo kaman,for sets in face book groups their are many places granting this sets for free, hope I answered you

software: korg legacy collection digtal edition,cubase5,sonar7.

past gear:yamaha A3,gem WS1,korg pa50/80,i30,triton le,pa800,ketron vega
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, these are my answers and very likely are useless to you...

Quote:
I have seen the above video on YouTube The Violin is amazing, can someone tell me is this violin sound a PA3X PRESET factory sound or has it been created or added through an expansion sound set?

I think Diki is correct - I have never found this on my PA3X
Quote:
2) Is the sound quality the same for both or not?

No but unfortunately this is goes back to personal taste - some say KK is better, some say PA3X is better - I love them both - KK does not have DNC though
Quote:
3) Does the Kronos have the same violin sounds as the PA3X?

Both have superb violins - PA3X DNC is awesome though.
Quote:
4) Sound wise what is the difference between the 3X and 4X? (in both sound quantity and quality !)

Have no idea - all any of us have is youtube to judge it by so basically it is currently impossible to judge.
Quote:
5) Sound wise what is the difference between the 4X and Kronos2 ? (Quality !)

Same answer - I am looking forward to hearing a PA4X myself.

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
7keys

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice helpful reply.
I forget one thing, if someone is using pa3x with any DAW or Pc/Mac can they please tell me how is the audio output quality in comparison to kronos audio output quality?
Actually I have experience with kronos and when I record into PC the audio quality is amazing!
If pa3x meets the audio output quality then I am sure that the 4x can only be greater!
I know that Kronos and 4x are in different categories but considering the price of the new 4x I would class it as pro gear!
The thing is that I prefer the 3X sound and Kronos quality either way I can work with both.
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Content trumps quality every day, IMHO...

Better DAC's won't make up for poorly matched DNC sample sets. And well matched samples sound amazing no matter how hifi (or not) the DAC's are.

If the PA3X ain't good enough for you, you may have missed the entire 80's and 90's pop hit records and CD's (all done on gear with WAY worse DAC's than today's).
7keys

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit confused don't totally understand what you are saying please make it more clear......... anyone else with any input on my questions ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: