Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequencer question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tirisilex

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject: Sequencer question Reply with quote

How do I create songs with different tracks.. For example have a song play one track then play another track later on.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can create or select new songs by hitting the Seq button, and then P1, and then at the top right where it says Song: "S00: NEW SONG" you can press the little arrow button next to it to bring up a song list. To create a new song just select S01, or S02, etc.

This also acts a playlist, once you've created additional songs.

If you do not have a manual for your Trinity, you can obtain them here:

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=45892
Tirisilex

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont understand hoew a song is made. I can record patterns.. But How do I record the patterns into a song? For example It starts up playing Tracks 1 and 2 of a pattern at the beginning of the song and then later play track 3 of the pattern.

I have the manual but I cant find any info on how to do this.
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're creating Patterns and wish to know how to insert them onto the Tracks in a Song?

Go to the PatternEdit page (P6) click the top-right drop-down menu and select "Put To Track", and then choose which Track and Measure to insert the pattern into the song.

Tirisilex wrote:
I have the manual but I cant find any info on how to do this.

You may be looking at the Basic Guide book, which is more like a quickstart guide. The larger, separate Parameter Guide book is the one to read, and goes into detail regards usage of the sequencer.
Tirisilex

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a hard time even with this advice.. When inserting a track How do I know where in the song I am editing? Does it insert as a loop? When you say it inserts which track and measure.. Does that mean it puts in the measure length of the loop? or the track placement in a song?

I have read thru the parameter guide and I cant make it out. Im confused
Timo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A pattern can be used either as a loop or a one off. It depends how many times you put the pattern to any given track.

But generally patterns are small sequences that you wish to re-use within a song.

Say you have a pattern that's four bar long, for example, you can insert this pattern into a track once (lets say Measure 1, the start of the song), or you can continue adding it to measure 5, 9, 13, etc, which would loop the pattern four times in the song, one after each other. Or you could miss out a few measures and have the pattern later in the song, it's up to you.

If you don't want to re-use sequences, you don't have to use patterns. You can record to any given track directly via the P1 sequencer page 'on the fly'.

If you're used to external software sequencers like Cubase, Logic, Live or the like, it's important to know that the Trinity's sequencer is very different and never records audio (unless you have the HDR-TRI open installed), it's merely a MIDI sequencer.

I thought the Trinity manuals were well-written as they have diagrams and describe each setting. You don't need to understand all of it - far from it - only the bits that are relevant to what you need.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: