Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG KIDDING US! PA3X IS BETTER THAN 4?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you think that KORG PA4X worth buying?
Yes
48%
 48%  [ 29 ]
No
51%
 51%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 60

Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="nitecrawler"]
Dikikeys wrote:

How about it. Are you still gonna stick with that Roland Rolling Eyes , or upgrade to the Pa4x?

Twisted Evil

Offcourse not, the man has a general interest in all arranger keyboards, but sold his souk to Roland like 2 decades ago.

nitecrawler wrote:

While not a PA instrument, the Old Oasys has the ability to add 12 insert effects, 2 MFX and 2 TFX per program (sound). In combi mode, i e multiple program mode; this configuration is modified by allowing up to 12 insert effects for the total group of sounds, or less. And insert effects can be grouped or shared. The MFX and TFX at two each are shared among the sounds. Amounts of M & T effects can be dialed in (0 to 127) per each sound. Send and return. Not knowing your interpretation of effects structure, I would say this is pretty close.
Wink

Dikikeys wrote:
Yep... knew that about the Oasys (even the Kronos has less, right?), but was referring to an arranger.

The Kronos has the same number of effects.. 12 insert effects freely assignable. My tyros 5 has 9. But the award for most effects definately goes to Kurzweil. The Kurzweil Forte has 32 effects units, each assignable to insert or master, or send.. and an effects unit can host an effect chain of several effects...
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty happy with my BK-9, still. Light as a feather, sounds great, cheap (already bought and paid for!), half the price of the PA4X76, simple to operate (my friend's PA3X drives me insane how unintuitive it's operation and editing are!).

Don't need samplers or in depth sound editing. Got VSTis and a K2500S for studio use. For me, a live keyboard needs to be simple, cover the basses without a lot of work or extra sample sets, sound live and open, be easy to operate and edit.

Don't get me wrong... the PA3/4X is a great keyboard. It just isn't what I need.

I like simplicity on the gig, complexity in the studio. Twisted Evil

My soul is doing fine, LOL It includes many makes... I even have a cherished Triton! I am not a one make zealot. But Roland have filled my arranger needs for decades, yes. They aren't without fault, but what is? Wink
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, my BK-9... 5 MFX. 3 for SMF/Style Parts, 2 for Keyboard Parts. Not chainable.

I am perplexed how Korg thought stripping back on the keyboard Part MFX was a good idea.

Me, my ideal doesn't need too many. One per Keyboard Part seems about right (so my BK-9 would only need two more!). Unfortunately, the latest Roland (E-A7) has dropped some of them, too, or at least only included the same as the current BK-5. So Korg isn't alone in cutting the wrong things!

But even if 12 MFX is overkill, it would be nice if each Part you played, when you called up the Tone, called up the appropriate MFX too. Having to play hopscotch assigning different Parts to the limited number of MFX seems such a waste of time and energy!
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dikikeys wrote:

I like simplicity on the gig, complexity in the studio. Twisted Evil

wise words...

Translated to people with a single arranger :
-simplicity in the top user interface... (buttons)
-deep edditing under the hood in a menu structure, or just on remote programs on a big PC screen... I dont think anyone will ever require deep edditing when playing live.

Thats why i love T5 so much... simple tools easy to use when you just want to sit and play..
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Dikikeys
How many keyboard you own. looks like you have all of them Smile
You are genius on all of them . Wink
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
@Dikikeys
How many keyboard you own. looks like you have all of them Smile

You are genius on all of them . Wink

The first is far from true, dammit! Fewer than you'd think. A piano, the Kurzweil (still amazing) Triton, KX-5 keytar and BK-7m module (not really as an arranger, more a killer sound module for live playing with the KX-5), G70, BK-9. That's it for daily use. Then some older gear usually in storage. Korg CX-3 (original one), DX-7, Ensoniq SQ2, Oberheim XPander. Then some sold over the years. Good balance of sounds and capabilities, but hardly up to the rigs some here sport! Wink

And the second, I hope, is sarcasm, LOL! Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: