Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SV1 & DS1H compatabilty issue?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon_C

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: SV1 & DS1H compatabilty issue? Reply with quote

Hi,

I've just bought the Korg heavy duty sustain pedal as I'm fed up of chasing the lightweight pedal included with the SV1.

However the new pedal wont unsustain when I lift my foot off.

Help! Any suggestions? Faulty pedal or just incompatable? Confused

Can anyone recommend an alternative?

I would really like to get this sorted before my next gig at the end of this month

Thanks in advance Smile

Jon
stale

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same experience and was unable to solve it. The calibration did not fix it. I am curious to see if anyone has made this work. I also do not like the included pedal. I stand when I play and it moves around and tips too much for me.
hyogen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, pretty sure the DS1h doesn't work with our Sv1. Even Korg tech support says it's supposed to work.

My sv1 didn't come with a pedal (bought on ebay) and a ds1h was sent along with it.... i thought there was something wrong with the keyboard. Bought a $15 pedal from guitar center - works perfectly Very Happy

it's not a calibration issue I don't think.. something is just not compatible.

It's stupid you can't order the actual pedal that comes with the SV1 which is a slightly different model number..
javaj

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

open up the pedal- the "technology" should be easy for a baby to figure out. Maybe you have some frayed wiring crossing or something.
And while you are at it- maybe change out the cabling for some cool retro red cloth guitar cable (just sayin!)
poly800

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SV-1 does not support the DS1H. I did the rounds with Korg technical support in the hope I could get mine working but the upshot is that they are simply not compatible. Apparently there is no modification their engineers are aware of either. Shame - great quality pedal.
redrobin62

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember well, it has to do with the way the pedal is wired; that is, the plus and negative connections are reversed for the Korg SV-1. I had to buy a pedal from Guitar Center with reverse polarity and it works fine.
Aidan Zammit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone solved this problem? Even the people at Korg till now have not been able to help me get a compatible CONTINUOUS (not switching) pedal.

I can confirm that the DS1H is NOT compatible with the SV1 - well, not with mine anyway...

Korg Kronos X, Korg SV1, Korg R3, Yamaha Motif ES6, Yamaha P120, Rhodes 88 mk1, Wurlitzer A200, Clavinet D6, Moog Minimoog D, ARP Odyssey, Yamaha CS15, Ensoniq ESQ1, Yamaha SK20. Cubase Pro 8. PT 9. Lotsa virtual instruments.
oy5t3h

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pedal supplied with the SV-1 is the DS-2H.

No music stores seem to stock this pedal, but it does seem to be listed by stores selling parts - e.g. http://www.guitar-parts.com/catalog/korg-sustain-pedal-sv1-ds-2h-tas0010008.

Any pedal that is a simple switch (like the Korg PS-1) should operate as a sustain pedal but without half-pedalling. I have used a Boss FS-5U to do this. To enable half-pedalling, however, I believe that the supplied DS-2H is the only option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: