Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg PA4X Full User Manual PDF!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Manual from original DVD ?? Reply with quote

korgpask wrote:
Is it exist in pa4x from original DVD ?? It is the same or new ??

The one in our web site is newer, with some fixes. Even if you have the one found in the DVD, I would suggest to download the most up-to-date one from the web site.

Paolo
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fill issue is why I keep harping on getting more fills... There simply is no way, no matter WHAT system you use, to get a smooth fill for ALL possible source/target moves. The fill-down from 4-3 will not work well for 4-1.

When you only have four fills, something, no matter HOW you (or the instrument) programs it will sound a bit disjointed. The main reason a few here want the old system back is merely damage control... They want a way to mitigate the poorest transition (if they are going to use it a lot) to be as smooth as possible given the few choices they have.

This is why I am disappointed that, while much effort is put into NEW stuff on arrangers, little attention is being paid to simply improving the features we already HAVE. Not to brag on them (I'm hardly less of a critic of Roland than of any other make! Twisted Evil ), but Roland have six fills. I can assure you, no it's not perfect... but it's a HELL of a lot smoother than four! So why can't Korg go six fill? Or eight? Or ten?! Idea

There isn't a lick of extra coding needed, nor any extra hardware (if auto-fill is used), simply more content. And, the truth is, it is actually EASIER to write a bunch of fills that only need do a simple transition than it is to write 'compromise' fills that can be used for multiple destinations. If the energy of the start AND finish of the transition is known, the fill requirements become very easy to write.

So, rather than bemoan missing features that mitigate the bad effects of 4 Variation's mere four fills (which itself a pretty new thing for Korg, only having started on the PA3X - before, you only had TWO, which is the REAL reason the old system existed), why not 6-8 Fills?

And. while you're at it, why not four MORE, as 'fill-to-same' that only have a tiny 'pickup' in the drum Part (you could leave the rest alone if you wanted to keep it simple - less for the style creator to do!). This is what real drummers do...

It's not that hard, Korg. The code is already in play, it is only CONTENT... and even that is easier for the style writers to do when they don't have to work as hard making a fill work passably for a multitude of destinations. It's the LITTLE things that make the biggest difference! Idea
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know squat about coding, or anything technical for that matter. But, in my book, the more fills the better, and surely there must be many like me.

''This is why I am disappointed that, while much effort is put into NEW stuff on arrangers, little attention is being paid to simply improving the features we already HAVE.''

I guess 'new' is an easier sell than something revamped. That applies to many things, not just arrangers

If, as you say, it's an easy task to do these things, we have to wonder why Korg hasn't travelled this road so far (although I may have just answered that above Shocked.) Keep the crusade going on it though, Dikikeys. Smile
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ketron seems to be on top of this better than the others. In addition to the standard fills, their new models have four Break/fills for each style, plus seamless transitions between style parts.
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paolo:

New and extensive advance manual, is crystal clear; all topics al clearly developed.-
Congratulations.
Eduardo
eli125

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: Korg PA4X Full User Manual PDF! Reply with quote

deliad wrote:
http://www.korg.com/filedl/ee03026d98e5b5c333e9689572f8f05d/840/download.php
Thanks Im almost Done You ar the best u made my day
eli125

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newkorgguy wrote:
nothing in manual to show/tell me that its worth upgrade from pa3.
so far, it would be waste of money
for the efx i can think and looks like something new in guitar mode
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newkorgguy wrote:
nothing in manual to show/tell me that its worth upgrade from pa3.
so far, it would be waste of money

Well, probably because Korg lost backward compatibillity in the process of scratching pa3x features and adding new ones..

You currently can not upgrade all your files from PA3x to PA4x, because you will loose information and settings in the process..
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manuals, schmanuals! Twisted Evil

I got a twisted idea that quite a lot of people going 'I won't change, not enough different' will suddenly change their minds once they actually HEAR some high quality demos (so far, few and far between, especially with a Western bent), hear all the new sounds, new kits, new styles, new Guitar Mode, etc..

Specs say one thing, but ears often say something else! Wink
gargy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dikikeys wrote:

I got a twisted idea that quite a lot of people going 'I won't change, not enough different' will suddenly change their minds once they actually HEAR some high quality demos (so far, few and far between, especially with a Western bent), hear all the new sounds, new kits, new styles, new Guitar Mode, etc..

I agree with that to some extent,but we need spec to see what we can do with keyboard and what kind of improvement was made in its functions.There is something that cannot be heard of .
In fact, we have already heard official PA4 demos on Korg's Sound Cloud and it should be the best example of styles/sounds. Otherwise, Korg should just fire their marketing manager.Actually.... maybe they should let him go anyway....
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dikikeys wrote:

Its not twisted, this will probably happen...

And then they will be nagging on these boards for 4 years with wishlists for Pa5x or upgrades to pa4x.
stalian87

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to say but i did pre-order a 4X last month and just cancelled the pre-order.
Im a proud owner of a pa3x and it's a great keyboard and the 4X just doesn't sound like the right upgrade for me right now. i've spent 1000's of hours creating styles and sounds on the 3x and i don't want it wasted! i've created a few sampled instruments that are all compressed and have used all of the 512MB available. how they decided to put a lower amount of sample ram on a newer product, I'll never know! Sample ram isn't the end of all things but it's really important in the music industry as a whole in my opinion and it seems they've over looked it.

Maybe they've got something up their sleeve, but until then i'll just wait. Let's hope they come up with a nice software update just before or after launch.

I'll be Korg till the end but it's no secret that their PA series has always been quite slow to adapt to certain things. this is my opinion anyway

Sal
jimsweb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stalian87 wrote:
I'm sorry to say but i did pre-order a 4X last month and just cancelled the pre-order.
Im a proud owner of a pa3x and it's a great keyboard and the 4X just doesn't sound like the right upgrade for me right now. i've spent 1000's of hours creating styles and sounds on the 3x and i don't want it wasted! i've created a few sampled instruments that are all compressed and have used all of the 512MB available. how they decided to put a lower amount of sample ram on a newer product, I'll never know! Sample ram isn't the end of all things but it's really important in the music industry as a whole in my opinion and it seems they've over looked it.

Maybe they've got something up their sleeve, but until then i'll just wait. Let's hope they come up with a nice software update just before or after launch.

I'll be Korg till the end but it's no secret that their PA series has always been quite slow to adapt to certain things. this is my opinion anyway

Sal

+1

i also dropped the idea of upgrading to PA4x, after learning that it can't stream user samples. I mostly work with sampled instruments and was disappointed after learning that PA4x can't do that though the factor sounds are able to do that.
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished reading the most relevant parts of the manual to how I personally use these keyboards. I'm not disappointed but definitely NOT impressed either.

One flagship keyboard...5 years in the making. It's a great keyboard if you're upgrading from PA1x/PA800 , but to go from a PA3x to PA4x? I'm not motivated AT THIS TIME...not even a bit. Although I haven't used all the memory that is available in my current keyboard just yet, but even then I find the Ram downgrade decision confusing....

Please correct me if I'm wrong. You can not program the Guitar Mode in Sequencer mode. You do not have range-set playback in Style Record mode. You can not import pads using markers....No real deal software update in Style record mode.

Can't say anything about the Midi to Style converter, but judging it based on its extremely short feature description in the Advance manuel , I could tell it's not exactly a selling feature! Time will tell...

So my final decision to purchase a PA4x is a NO for now. Korg Italy usually releases a software update somewhere along the line, so that could be a deciding factor later on as well.

Asena
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Personaly don,t think they can Change much on a product thats out now.
For me it,s like downgrading from a better KB 3X .
For me NO, next model PA 5 XXL.

KORG PA 5-X/YAMAHA GENOS 2/YAMAHA A 5000
LIONSTRACK X 76 & GROOVE XR
MEDELI AKX-10

MacbookproM2-Ssd/Logic/Neuman/Kali Audio8/Komplette14SDD/ Apollo Twin/PIONEER XDJ RX 2
LOTS OF SAMPLE SOUNDS!
KorgPaManager V 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: