Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bizarre Fault with SV1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Logicality

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject: Bizarre Fault with SV1 Reply with quote

Hi everyone

I thought I might pick your brains on a completely bizarre fault that has recently developed with my SV1 73 key.

I've had it a few years and it probably has had a few knocks here and there. It has gigged heavily. I had one previous fault which was repaired, a loose connection on the valve circuit leading to loss of sound with the amp modelling switched on. But otherwise than that it's been great.

So my new issue is an intermittent fault whereby any of the following might happen:
* Top half of keyboard stops responding (roughly above middle C or so)
* Note sustained when key released
* Most weird of all - keys play but with a major third transposed on top! So if I play a C, it also plays an E, a D with an F#, an E with a G#, etc?!

It is very intermittent - within an hour of playing may occur two or three times for about 15 to 60 seconds then go completely back to normal. But it is really threatening to make me look very special at a gig!

I have found that:
* Switching the power on and off does not necessarily resolve the problem
* Problem can occur on any sound
* Glissando (or more like a swipe!) may sometimes address the problem, but it might come back very soon afterwards.
* Changing external amplification does not fix it
* Demo songs do not seem to replicate problem

Any thoughts? For an intermittent issue I'm guessing a loose connection/short circuit is the most likely culprit. But the major third thing is so bizarre I can't get my head around it and makes it seem like a possible software glitch? The band I play with recently moved to a slightly ramshackle rehearsal room - could it be a power issue?

I am going to try and capture the fault on video if I can, as I'm concerned it will be hard to replicate the problem. Also going to do a reset of all software via USB.

In the meantime, any thoughts or similar experiences appreciated!

Cheers Smile
oy5t3h

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of this happening to anyone else.
Definitely sounds like a hardware problem if it is intermittent, but continues even if you switch off and on,

I think you'll just have to take it to a repair technician and see what the say.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: