Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SV-1 hum sound and note echo sound through amp

View previous topic :: View next topic  
surfinboy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:28 am    Post subject: SV-1 hum sound and note echo sound through amp Reply with quote

My SV-1 makes a bad low hum sound whenever I plug it into my amp. It's not a 60-cycle hum, it's lower than that. Also there's some strange "recoil" sound from the amp when I hit a note - after I hit the note, there is a second much quieter note that is heard a split second after hitting the original note - it's the same pitch as the original note but a couple octaves higher, and a little bit computerized or distorted sounding.

I also have a much cheaper Yamaha keyboard that does not make this noise, so I've ruled out a problem with the amp. There's no delay, reverb or amp modeling on the amp that would be causing it. Plus, the problem isn't there when I play through headphones. I emailed Korg support - any thoughts?
surfinboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Called Korg phone support - on hold for 15 minutes, then told I'd have to call back. No response from email to Korg support either. A local authorized tech said I should try resetting to factory settings: did that, made no difference. I might take it in to their shop.

Not much in the way of answers from anyone on this one. Maybe this will end up being a Sweetwater return.
oy5t3h

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been other similar problems reported - see links below. I think you'll need to take it back for repair/replacement.

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#newwindow=1&safe=off&q=site:http:%2F%2Fwww.korgforums.com++SV-1+Output+Noise
keyboard komuso

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the same exact issue with mine. Didn't notice it unless listening through headphones or had volume pretty high. After having it occur on several SV1s I finally gave up and returned my third one while still under the return period. I now have a Roland which I am much happier with. Doesn't have the mojo of the SV but it's a lot more reliable and built like a tank. Hoping for an SV2 in which they've worked out the numerous bugs but I'm not holding my breath on that one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: