Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New KingKorg user here

View previous topic :: View next topic  
noguud

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject: New KingKorg user here Reply with quote

Hi all,

I got a good deal on a kingkorg a few weeks ago, after researching a new synth to buy for over a year.

I've had a Kurzweil PC-1x for a long time now, and I would say the Korg makes me appreciate the PC-1x more! That's not a slam on the kingkorg at all, it just highlighted how well crafted the Kurzweil patches were, and I do think the Kurzweil effects are very good. But, it seems like the Kingkorg is more immediate (i.e. I don't need to hook up to a PC to edit which is a plus in my book) and really simple to use. I also think it can do some things that the Kurzweil could cover (but not as well) and I would not have the skills to get the kurz there anyway.

So far, I have edited a few patches, and started a few from scratch, but I wish there was a larger user database of patches to learn from out there. Maybe the average person who buys the kingkorg is more experienced with synthesis and has no problems creating whatever pops into their heads? I dunno. I have a lot to learn though.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to learn from you all here.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually find that by just twiddling knobs you can get all kinds of different sounds. Don't be afraid to try anything at all.
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Narioso

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: New KingKorg user here Reply with quote

noguud wrote:
Hi all,

So far, I have edited a few patches, and started a few from scratch, but I wish there was a larger user database of patches to learn from out there.
Thanks for reading, and I hope to learn from you all here.

Good initiative with your Tips/tricks thread - I will try and contribute at some point.
Oldretro

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeremykeys wrote:
I actually find that by just twiddling knobs you can get all kinds of different sounds. Don't be afraid to try anything at all.

Exactly, don't be afraid to experiment. You could first try and tweak existing
patches with all the front panel knobs, and after you familiarised with those,
dive in deeper using the menu system where you can try the virtual
patching (aka modulation matrix) for instance. With virtual patching you can
even influence effect parameters and for instance use an envelope
generator to influence LFO speed, or modulate the speed and/or depth of
one LFO with the second LFO. A lot of these less common possibilities can be
found in the menu system.
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, for the price, the KK is an awesome little synth. Sure it doesn't sound like or do all the things that the Dave Smiths or Moogs do, but it does have 61 keys and costs a LOT less! I don't see the point of dwelling on the negatives of it. I think it sounds great! And I bought one when the price was still high. I won't be selling mine anytime soon though. I've got it comfortably sat between my old Wavestation EX and my Kronos and we're all happy!
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: