Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guide to create midi to Korg Styles.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Guide to create midi to Korg Styles. Reply with quote

Please share all experience and knowledge here.
Please keep this Topic only for sharing, try don't use much for questions "how?"
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decide give space on web for all useful information, guides and tools to help understand people how to create styles from midi files.
http://performersheaven.com/en/resources-en/how-to/making-midi-for-korg-styles-en
I will create HTML linked, illustrated guide on this Topic.
Please support with all info can be use there.
Performers Heaven
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Nemik,
Good and educational initiative.
jijopj

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
I decide give space on web for all useful information, guides and tools to help understand people how to create styles from midi files.
http://performersheaven.com/en/resources-en/how-to/making-midi-for-korg-styles-en
I will create HTML linked, illustrated guide on this Topic.
Please support with all info can be use there.

Very Happy
Thank You Nemik for sharing your resources and knowledge, esp. about Fl-Studio to Style making.

Yes, that is what we needed, a helping hand to keep the enthusiasm get going.
Thank you again

Earlier- PSR-550 and PSR S-710
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a wonderful gesture, Nemik. Kudos to you.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started making progress Smile
Any suggestions, tips, comments all welcome, I will try put best way I can on web.
My goal is explain best is possible, for Dummies, if necessary in all details.

Performers Heaven
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Which Korg Arranger is this for ? Reply with quote

A tutorial on creating a style from scratch with daw software would be great I've a Christmas Style.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Which Korg Arranger is this for ? Reply with quote

NativeAngels wrote:
A tutorial on creating a style from scratch with daw software would be great I've a Christmas Style.

I'm working on writting software for this, but now I can only share tips how to do with DAWs.
Performers Heaven
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:52 am    Post subject: RE styles Reply with quote

Could this tutorial some how be used on older korgs like the Pa50sd or MicroArranger
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: RE styles Reply with quote

NativeAngels wrote:
Could this tutorial some how be used on older korgs like the Pa50sd or MicroArranger

Mainly is about to create Elements for style, then import to korg.
If Pa50SD or MicroArranger has option to Import SMF to Style, than can useful.
Pa600, Pa900, Pa3x, Pa3xLe and Pa4x can import all at once, entire midi with markers, older model need to do separately, not sure how this work with Pa50.
Other solution is, not recommended but working, connect Korg with DAW via midi, using midi input channels to record directly midi stream from DAW. Wink
But before all that, most imported is understand how all works, good foundation knowledge is paying later with better result.
I wish I have more spare time and write dedicated software for this, but is time consuming which I have not enough.
Unless somebody from developers help me with sharing some useful scripts I can use, at this moment I don't think I find time to do all from scratch.
As a flow chart, idea how this may work,....already got it. Laughing
Performers Heaven
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: RE styles Reply with quote

I think Stylesworks can import the different elements in midi format then turn them into a style that way
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: RE styles Reply with quote

NativeAngels wrote:
I think Stylesworks can import the different elements in midi format then turn them into a style that way

Yes, EMC can, not sure if support pa50, but this is only one software I know can directly convert midi to korg style.
Korg styles is encrypted, EMC must know the way to decrypt.
Performers Heaven
Jugoslovak

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Which Korg Arranger is this for ? Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
NativeAngels wrote:

I'm working on writting software for this, but now I can only share tips how to do with DAWs.

Nemik... I am very interested in this software when its complete (or even if you need someone to test for you, let me know as I am interested in creating styles from MIDI and also from scratch. I currently use MAC with Logic Pro X, Reason 8.5 and also Cubase.

If you have any questions or need any help with this project, inbox me for further details and I will be happy to help out where ever I can.
Reason 8.3
Kontakt 5.5.1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Arrangers (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: