Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Single Styles

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bud2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Single Styles Reply with quote

Hi, I have the PA4X and am just wondering where I can get separate styles from to add to the existing styles on it. I know I haven't tried all the on-board styles yet but it was more of a "try to play with a style on a USB stick " which is what you are supposed to be able to do on the PA4X but all previous styles for the PA3X were always in "user" batches i.e. user01 or user02 but I can't open these up to get at just the individual styles to try them on the 4. Many thanks in advance. Wink
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually you can open them. Just keep clicking on OPEN until you get down to the actual styles. At least you can do this on PA3X and PA900.
bud2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DonM, thanks I know how to do it on the PA3X but it is different on the PA4X if you are doing it from a USB stick because you are supposed to be able to play directly from a style on the USB stick,
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I see. Can you still do it the old way? I know you don't want to though.
bud2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have not had much time since to experiment but will let you know later.
bud2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have tried several times to play a style from a USB stick, either putting it in a folder or just on the root of the stick, neither way will even show when you press "Direct" in the style section and then tab to "Direct" I was told it should be as easy as it is with the Yamaha system but obviously it isn't. If anyone has managed to do it would you please let me know how to do it. Many thanks in advance. Wink
If you try to do it like we did on the PA3X then you don't get the option to select where to load it to apart from "User1" etc. but not a specific location in "User1" so I expect it would delete all the styles which were already in "User1" etc. Again please let me know if I am wrong about this. Wink
keyboard
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

If you wish to try some different Single Styles, PM me with your email and I will send you some to try.....

Please keep in mind that these were made from midi ( NOT on the PA4X ) and would require your own personal voicing .....Rework the style and make it your own !!!

Ron
bud2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ron,
Many thanks for your kind offer but it is not a problem with the quality or anything else about the styles it is just the fact as you can not play them directly from a USB stick, as they claimed you can. I will however take you up on your kind offer and try them and let you know how I get on. Thanks once again. Bill
stratquebec

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" All the keyboard set and styles you want to access using direct, must be in the same .set folder"

As stated here @2:32

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_dBW4aQNco0
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bud2 wrote:
Well I have tried several times to play a style from a USB stick, either putting it in a folder or just on the root of the stick, neither way will even show when you press "Direct" in the style section and then tab to "Direct" I was told it should be as easy as it is with the Yamaha system but obviously it isn't. If anyone has managed to do it would you please let me know how to do it. Many thanks in advance. Wink
If you try to do it like we did on the PA3X then you don't get the option to select where to load it to apart from "User1" etc. but not a specific location in "User1" so I expect it would delete all the styles which were already in "User1" etc. Again please let me know if I am wrong about this. Wink

According to page 921 of the User Manual you first have to ...

"Create a set of User and Favorite banks, then save them into a new SET folder. These will be the Direct banks."

Then ...

"A Direct set of banks for the Styles, and one for the Keyboard Set Library, has to be selected before being used."

By the way, in the PA4X manual when they say "Keyboard Set Library" I'm pretty sure they mean "Performances" On page 890 of the manual they say ...

When loading data from a PA3X (or PA900 & PA600) ...
"Performances and STSs are converted to Keyboard Sets."

Looks like we have some new terminology and OS features to learn. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
bud2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looking at your instructions from the manual it is NOT straight forward like Yamaha, with them you do not have to "create" anything you just need to put some styles onto a USB stick put it in the keyboard select any style button then tab to USB and there are the styles you put on the stick, EASY. Not so with this NEW method of Korg, why can't they make it as simple as Yamaha. I got my head around the PA3X even though you had to install them before you could try them, it was fairly easy to do, this new method at first reading is not straight forward if you have to "create" things first. Sad
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bud2 wrote:
[snip]why can't they make it as simple as Yamaha. [snip]

Probably because Yamaha would sue the h -e- double L out of them. It's not cricket to copy other manufacturer's technologies while they still own the rights.

Johann Sebastian Bach

Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bud2 wrote:
Just looking at your instructions from the manual it is NOT straight forward like Yamaha, with them you do not have to "create" anything you just need to put some styles onto a USB stick put it in the keyboard select any style button then tab to USB and there are the styles you put on the stick, EASY. Not so with this NEW method of Korg, why can't they make it as simple as Yamaha. I got my head around the PA3X even though you had to install them before you could try them, it was fairly easy to do, this new method at first reading is not straight forward if you have to "create" things first. Sad

At first blush it seems to me a MUCH better way to organize sets of styles. My concern is how quickly I can switch from one set to another. Hopefully in traditional KORG fashion you can load a new set while still playing the current one. We'll see.

Johann Sebastian Bach

bud2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I know they can not copy exactly but surely it could be similar a much easier way ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: