Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Style Endings?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stratquebec

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't yet own an arranger but will be soon and in the meantime I listen to a bunch of Korg demos on the net and the poor styles endings is the first thing I noticed.

Since my ears are not yet biased by the regular use of an arranger, that problem is almost a deal breaker.

Do the Yamaha/Roland/Ketron suffer of the same poor endings on some styles?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do the Yamaha/Roland/Ketron suffer of the same poor endings on some styles?

All this hype about poor endings is subjective and much like "good sounds" vs "bad sounds".

Korg have the most flexible endings configuration IMHO.
I don't understand but agree some endings are possibly unsuitable for the song you are playing.

I couldn't call them "bad" though - they all seem to be created musically and relative to the style.

But yes, if you think Korg has bad endings, then yes, Yamaha, Ketron, Roland, Casio definitely do.
Personally, I use the endings that work for my songs and change the ones that don't.

Just my 2c

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
karmathanever:
All this hype about poor endings is subjective and much like "good sounds" vs "bad sounds".

Agree 100%.
I don't think so there is such ideal keyboard that can plays exactly the endings similar with original songs with all different style of music that exist in the world.
The solution for such situation would be the song styles tailored for specific songs that can be loaded/played in the keyboard with all Intros, Variations and Endings similar with the specific songs.
Peace. Very Happy
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The solution for such situation would be the song styles tailored for specific songs that can be loaded/played in the keyboard with all Intros, Variations and Endings similar with the specific songs.

+100

In fact - use a MIDI file or backing track - styles are not designed for authentic cover copy music.

Pete Very Happy
howie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on re reading this thread I see that Dikikeys has some really good ideas, especially with "hold final chord / bass note till release "...I find a lot of my ending problems are around abrupt endings when I need a sustained one.

I would korg to abolish ending 1 (cheesy - I can see it would turn a lot of perspective buyers off ) and just have a choice of sustained endings and short tight endings.

I also tried Diki's advice, found the last bass note and extended it in event edit and its a definite improvement...thanks for tip.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would korg to abolish ending 1 (cheesy - I can see it would turn a lot of perspective buyers off ) and just have a choice of sustained endings and short tight endings.

It's still subjective - what about all the owners that like the endings and don't want sustained/tight endings - it's the same story...
Korg have created a fully flexible arranger which can be modified to suit just about everybody.

Can't see why Korg should abolish ENDING 1 - they've had those since the i3!!! So far hasn't put off prospective buyers - they'd be out of business by now.
Just edit the styles, or use ENDING 2 or 3 or a FILL or BREAK or use Diki's (or others') suggestion but to suggest Korg change their arranger style structure after this many years for the sake of a couple of complaints....

Korgs arrangers are tools for us to use for our music - put in all together there will be 100's of thousands of different songs we all play - different genres etc... - you can't create 1 keyboard with "out-of-the-box" styles with perfect endings for YOUR songs. I use BREAKs for some endings, FILLs for some intros etc etc.. etc.. - it's amazing what you can do with this keyboard with very little effort - OS is superb.

Pete Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: