Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THIS is how to adjust the Strings level in the Piano+Strings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teddyc1

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject: THIS is how to adjust the Strings level in the Piano+Strings Reply with quote

Hit Function button.
Adjust Bass knob (+/-): -less strings; +more strings.

This is the same system as adjusting the RX Layer (noise) on other patches.

Same for adjusting Bass guitar level in the piano+bass patches.

More tips, see if you find something new:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4oKsp0xmvWI#t=527
Former gear: Fender Rhodes MKII suitcase, Roland Juno 6.
gwirick

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: THANK YOU TEDDY C1 Reply with quote

Hi Teddy,

So glad you posted this. Been wanted to adjust these parameters, but hadn't figured it out on my own.

Here's one for you... can i define my own split and layers? If so, are the instructions available somewhere? Any quick advice from you?

Thanks for your post!
Glenn
teddyc1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Glenn;

Glad the tip helped you.
As to your other question, the short answer is: No.

Split locations and layer types are defined and built into the patch.

Each patch is a preset ROMpler sound actually 2 sounds.

In the piano or EP patches that have "noise" such as string or tines noise to add to the character of the sound, that noise is a sound layer (RX Noise) that plays along with your main layer. So the "function + bass knob tweak" adjusts the noise sample relative to the main sample.

The bass/keys splits are not technically a split, they are layers. The bass layer only extends up to a point and the keyboard layer takes over from there. In other words, the bass sample layer plays silent notes above a certain key (which you cannot change, it's hard-wired into the sample).

What you can do of course is load in the patches that you want from various sources around the web. We have a few posted at Korg Users facebook group. And of course load up your Editor and tweak the patches, there's a bit more power in the computer software. Save whatever you come up with and post it if it's cool. And relax, knowing you got a rompler with knobs that can be twiddled live Smile.

Some guys also use the SV-1 as a weighted MIDI controller and then there's plenty of options.
Former gear: Fender Rhodes MKII suitcase, Roland Juno 6.

Last edited by teddyc1 on Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
gwirick

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject: That helps Reply with quote

Thanks Teddy - very helpful.

Midi controller is a great idea. I don't feel like lugging two full keyboards. I gig with a group where 95% of what i need is vintage pianos/organs/strings and basic synth. SV-1 is obviously perfect for all of that.

Midi-ing out to a sound library or synth module is a great idea for getting the other 5%!

rock on...

G
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG SV-1 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: