Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

E-A7 Guitar demo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject: E-A7 Guitar demo Reply with quote

What do you think of this? It's a demo of the new cheap Roland E-A7...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO-PkUq5pJA

Now, I don't know about you, but that's some of the best guitar emulation I think I have ever heard! Shocked

But the E-A7 does audio multipad loops and has a sampler, so I'm not sure if this is all the E-A7's sounds or whether there's some real playing as loops. Any 'golden ears' guys out there able to tell?

But, one way or the other, that's one hell of an amazing sequencing job! It just goes to show... It's all in the fingers. Whoever played this has got his act together Cool

Now, don't get me wrong... not trying to stir anything up. But I wanted to share what even a modest arranger can do in the right hands. And hopefully inspire some of you. I got a feeling this could be done with a PA3/4X with skill.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: E-A7 Guitar demo Reply with quote

Dikikeys wrote:

Now, I don't know about you, but that's some of the best guitar emulation I think I have ever heard! Shocked

But the E-A7 does audio multipad loops and has a sampler, so I'm not sure if this is all the E-A7's sounds or whether there's some real playing as loops. Any 'golden ears' guys out there able to tell?

But, one way or the other, that's one hell of an amazing sequencing job! It just goes to show... It's all in the fingers. Whoever played this has got his act together Cool

Now, don't get me wrong... not trying to stir anything up. But I wanted to share what even a modest arranger can do in the right hands. And hopefully inspire some of you. I got a feeling this could be done with a PA3/4X with skill.

Is it confirmed that the music is actually from teh E/A7 and not random background music?

my vietnamese isnt that good
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's from a Vietnamese Roland store, and the other one posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8jtpdBoB8c#t=26 from the same source seems pretty obviously a style. I rather doubt it is something not done with an E-A7 at all. The backing definitely is a style (listen to the fills and bassline), and the acoustic guitars feel like style ones. It's the two electric parts that I'm not sure about.

They may indeed be played and sequence edited (I've got pretty good results from my BK-9 using the SN guitar and an amp sim MFX), but I'm pretty sure the rhythm electric isn't in the style. You can hear some of the chords anticipate the beat to do a slow strum, which arrangers can't do (they don't know the next chord until you play it!). But it COULD be played and sequenced in. Or it could be a real guitar, recorded to a multipad, or a loop from a commercial sample CD.

With audio multipads and a sampler, there's just too many options to be 100% sure anymore. But, whatever it is, it's pretty damn good! Wink
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: E-A7 Guitar demo Reply with quote

Dikikeys wrote:

That's a tough one for me to guage. The old hearing is not what it used to be. I do like the guitar tone and shape. It fits that style well; though I find the style a little too heavily drenched in reverb and low end bass drum. Confused At least for my taste. As a result, it's difficult to hear any nuances of the lead part. I am really impressed with the progress and evolution of arrangers overall. They certainly are not the arrangers of older generations. We live in an age where so much is now possible. Pretty much; if you can imagine it, it can be attained. With a little effort thrown in of course. Evil or Very Mad

Interestingly, I can hear a human voice utter something unintelligible at about 1:08 in the video. If it is part of the style sound it would indicate a guitar loop record by a mike in a room, possibly. Wink

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diki wrote:
I wanted to share what even a modest arranger can do in the right hands.

Exactly - and applies to any half decent keyboard.
It's not too bad and played nicely but really the actual "sounds" are much like another keyboard NEARLY sounding like a guitar.
But, as you say, most of this is in the hands of the player though.
Wish I had a good "guitar playing technique" on my keyboards.

This is my favourite so far (and played so well) with just factory sounds (PA2XPRo):-
https://youtu.be/-ts_aNoasE0

Very Happy

P.S. Diki… I really think it's time you got rid of your old G70 - why don't you send it to me - happy to store it for you in my studio…. Wink
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come and get it... I got a spare! Twisted Evil
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:

P.S. Diki… I really think it's time you got rid of your old G70 - why don't you send it to me - happy to store it for you in my studio…. Wink

I recently bought one for my nefews (8 and 10 years old)... And while some of the sounds are a bit dated, (yet still more then good enough to learn and play) the instrument after 10 years proofs there has not been much innvation at all in the arranger buiseness.

In combination with some fresh sounds from mainstage its still a formidable instrument, that cost €500 + €30 mainstage +€30 USB midi interface.. They love to toy around with these sounds, and they are still fighting on a daily base about whose turn it is to sit and play.

To bad Roland does not support drivers for mac osx yosemithe nor windows 10, because just the keybed is a reason to keep this instrument around if you dont have much € to spare..
Bescki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you tell me what kind of guitars are in the Roland demo, because the video is not available.... is it clasic guitar or overdrive distortion rock or rrif guitar?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: