Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading new sounds into Kronos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pranaearth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Loading new sounds into Kronos Reply with quote

Hello everyone!
I'm still a bit confused on how sounds are loaded into the Kronos.
I have a few questions.
Part 1:

A set of programs automatically loads into U-G, and the wavesequences are loaded into U-G, E-EE, U-FF and U-GG.
If i move the programs to another user section, like U-GG, with those programs still be able to reference the wavesequences?
How about if I move the wavesequences to other locations?
Will I have to tell the programs the new locations of the relocated wavesequences?
I've been downloading a lot of programs and I think I've been loading them into the Kronos all wrong.

Part 2:
If a set of programs come with multisamples and they are loaded onto the SDD, do they have to be included with the preload during boot up in order for the programs to sound correctly?

If they do, how does one do that?

Thanks you for all the help!
P
jones

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black Friday sales got me this weekend, lots of new sounds added, I followed the Qui Robinez video to keep it organized, he also covers moving sounds to new locations and redirecting addresses. This should work for you.
Any questions , don't ask me, I haven't a clue myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-QtAyf98nQ
pranaearth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol! Thanks! I keep forgetting about his videos.
It's actually because of his free sounds that I think Im fussing things up.!
DoubleM

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone!
Me I ran into the same Problem as the OP, so I´d also like to know the clue. Unfortunatly you can´t find anything rel. the wavesequences in Qui Robinez´ tutorial.
I bought EXs-16 (Funk and Brass) and EXs-45 from KaPro. Their wavesquences are essential for these libraries.
If the wavesequences from one library are loaded into multiple Banks (per ex. U-EE, U-FF and U-GG) then loading another library with wavesequences loading to U-EE will overwrite the others in case they use the same bank.

So how do the programs point to the correct wavesequences after loading multiple libaries?

Gear: Kronos-2 61, Kronos 88, KingKorg, MOXF8, Fantom X 7, Hammond XK-1c
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoubleM wrote:
Hi everyone!
Me I ran into the same Problem as the OP, so I´d also like to know the clue. Unfortunatly you can´t find anything rel. the wavesequences in Qui Robinez´ tutorial.
I bought EXs-16 (Funk and Brass) and EXs-45 from KaPro. Their wavesquences are essential for these libraries.
If the wavesequences from one library are loaded into multiple Banks (per ex. U-EE, U-FF and U-GG) then loading another library with wavesequences loading to U-EE will overwrite the others in case they use the same bank.

So how do the programs point to the correct wavesequences after loading multiple libaries?

i didn't explain the wave sequences loading problems in that tutorial.

Basically, the answer is as follows. If you have multiple sound sets that are using the same wave Sequence locations then only the last loaded sound set will work, since those wave sequences were loaded into that same location.

If you want to solve this and want to use all wave sequence libraries at the same time, then indeed you need to manually reprogram each program to do that. In that case:

- open the PCG file of your sound set
- load the wave sequences in a unique location: for instance U-CC
- load the programs and combis to a location of your own choice (like explained in my tutorial)
- Now open each program, go to the HD1 Osc Page and redirect the wave sequence to the new location. For instance if it now points to U-GG012 then point it to U-CC012 (because that's where you stored the wave sequences)
- do this for every program of that sound set
- after you have converted this, save the wave sequences, programs and combis to a new PCG file with a name of your own, so that you can load it whenever you want with the new locations.

I know, it's quite a hassle, but the kronos doesn't have a feature to automatically remap the wavesequence locations in a program when you load the wave sequences in a different location. So you need to do it yourself.
DoubleM

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification, Qui.

I was afraid just to get this answer...
Embarassed

Can pcg-tools adress this hassle?

fjs714

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fellas,
May I ask---If you don't want to go through the procedure Qui mentioned---if you want to load two different Expansion libraries and one, coincidently has its multisamples in the same bank as the second, can't you just reload the library that was overwritten when you're done using the first library?
Thanks Frank
jones

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why not but its a hassle.
PCG tools might be the way to move things around easier.
I haven't gotten round to using PCG tools yet so can't say for certain but someone will chime in.
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fjs714 wrote:
Hi Fellas,
May I ask---If you don't want to go through the procedure Qui mentioned---if you want to load two different Expansion libraries and one, coincidently has its multisamples in the same bank as the second, can't you just reload the library that was overwritten when you're done using the first library?
Thanks Frank

let me clarify, that if you are using multiple expansion libraries based on multisamples then the video tutorial shows how to load the programs and combis based on those samples works.

Programs based on multisamples doesn't have to be edited manually. The only time that you need to modify soundsets yourself is when the soundsets are based on wave sequencing and using the same locations for the Wave Sequences.
DoubleM

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fjs714 wrote:
Hi Fellas,
Thanks Frank

Cute proposal ! But what if you want to use both libraries as a live keyboardist at the same time ? Otherwise it would be easy ...
And BTW we´re talking about wavesequences not multisamples.

danatkorg
Product Manager, Korg R&D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jones wrote:
I don't see why not but its a hassle.
PCG tools might be the way to move things around easier.
I haven't gotten round to using PCG tools yet so can't say for certain but someone will chime in.

The free Kronos Editor does this.

- Dan
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
Regretfully, I cannot offer technical support directly.
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
danatkorg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Loading new sounds into Kronos Reply with quote

pranaearth wrote:
Hello everyone!
I'm still a bit confused on how sounds are loaded into the Kronos.
I have a few questions.
Part 1:

A set of programs automatically loads into U-G, and the wavesequences are loaded into U-G, E-EE, U-FF and U-GG.
If i move the programs to another user section, like U-GG, with those programs still be able to reference the wavesequences?

Yes. You wouldn't need to make any changes to the Programs in this case.

pranaearth wrote:
How about if I move the wavesequences to other locations?
Will I have to tell the programs the new locations of the relocated wavesequences?

Yes. If Wave Sequences (or Drum Kits) have been moved to new locations, existing Programs need to be re-mapped to look to these new locations.

The easiest way to do this is when loading. If the Programs, Wave Sequences, and Drum Kits all use the same bank (for instance, Bank U-BB), then you can use the ".PCG Contents" parameters in the Load dialog to choose source and destination banks. All bank references will be adjusted automatically. All Korg libraries come with specific instructions for how to do this.

Note that most Programs don't use Wave Sequences, so in those cases this won't matter in the first place.

pranaearth wrote:
Part 2:
If a set of programs come with multisamples and they are loaded onto the SDD, do they have to be included with the preload during boot up in order for the programs to sound correctly?

Not necessarily during boot, but yes, the samples need to be loaded in order to sound.

pranaearth wrote:
If they do, how does one do that?

There are a number of different ways. You can add them to the list of auto-load samples, so that they are loaded at startup; all Korg libraries come with instructions for how to do this. You can also load them from disk manually, like a sampler. Finally, you can use the Load Required Samples command in a Program, either to load only the samples required for that Program, or to load all samples in the banks used by the Program (the latter being a quick way to load a bank of samples without needing to go to Disk mode).

Hope this helps!
For technical support, please contact your Korg Distributor: http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors/
If you need to contact me for purposes other than technical support, please do not send PMs; instead, send email to dan@korgrd.com
danatkorg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuiRobinez wrote:

If you want to solve this and want to use all wave sequence libraries at the same time, then indeed you need to manually reprogram each program to do that. In that case:

- open the PCG file of your sound set
- load the wave sequences in a unique location: for instance U-CC
- load the programs and combis to a location of your own choice (like explained in my tutorial)
- Now open each program, go to the HD1 Osc Page and redirect the wave sequence to the new location. For instance if it now points to U-GG012 then point it to U-CC012 (because that's where you stored the wave sequences)
- do this for every program of that sound set
- after you have converted this, save the wave sequences, programs and combis to a new PCG file with a name of your own, so that you can load it whenever you want with the new locations.

I know, it's quite a hassle, but the kronos doesn't have a feature to automatically remap the wavesequence locations in a program when you load the wave sequences in a different location. So you need to do it yourself.

Actually, the Kronos Editor will do this remapping automatically. For more information, see the section of the Editor's documentation on "Parent/child relationships." Try it!
pranaearth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,
Thanks for the reply!
Situation:
If I load in a bank of sounds that automatically load wavesequences in UserAA, slots 1-6, but I change that location during install to UserAA, slots 7-12, will the Kronos remap that for me? Or will I have to load it into the editor and have the editor do it for me?

Many programs don't use wavesequences, but I LIVE for them. I had the original Wavestation, expanded it to the EX model and have been hooked ever since. Wavesequences are a crucial part of my "sound".

Thanks again for everyone's help here!
P
danatkorg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pranaearth wrote:
Dan,
Thanks for the reply!
Situation:
If I load in a bank of sounds that automatically load wavesequences in UserAA, slots 1-6, but I change that location during install to UserAA, slots 7-12,

What you describe can't be done in the Load dialog. The Load dialog lets you choose a different Bank, but not specific slots in that bank.

You can certainly load individual Programs, Wave Sequences, etc., from disk by browsing inside PCG files, but in that case no automatic re-mapping will occur; you'd have to do that manually - or, as you suggest, use the Editor.

pranaearth wrote:
Many programs don't use wavesequences, but I LIVE for them. I had the original Wavestation, expanded it to the EX model and have been hooked ever since. Wavesequences are a crucial part of my "sound".

I'm glad you like the Wavestation - that was the first instrument I was involved with at Korg.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: