Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multi track question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghostly neutrino

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:19 am    Post subject: Multi track question Reply with quote

Hi,

Am searching to buy an inexpensive, but decent multi track to record my noodlings on my MS20. The last time I was around a multi track, a friend was commandeering it and all our sounds were spat into a...cassette tape master! Yep like 25 or so years ago. I knew pretty much squat about the technology then, and now even less so with interface with a computer.

There's aTascam DP-03SD 8-Channel Digital Portastudio, and there's a Zoom R8 Multi-Track SD Recorder that a guy I was studying synth with recommended.
I know the Zoom R8 is out of production, but I heard good things about it. In both of these cases the price point is right for me.
I'd be glad to hear your opinions...or about any other multi track within the price range or cheaper.
I have a modest Behringer mixer.
I'm not looking for the big time, but a good time with something decent.
My sons laugh and say why don't I just use garage band? Well, no one who is of my generation thinks garage band is any answer. But why? I don't like virtual things anyway, so a dedicated multi track is what I'm after. But am I spending money needlessly? What makes a dedicated three dimensional multi track desirable?
Another thing, I have a Mac Airbook of some 4 years or so vintage. Would it be receptive?

Thanks in advance...sorry for the zillions of questions.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tascam DP-008 is a nice machine. Portable, with built in high quality mics for ambient binaural-type outdoors recordings, it records two tracks or a stereo pair at a time. If a greater simultaneous track recording capability is required, the Zoom R16 does up to 8 tracks simultaneously, but is somewhat larger.

For old school, there's the Tascam Porta-One.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: