Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIDI Routing question? Please help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeyB97

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject: MIDI Routing question? Please help! Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if it's possible to assign two different sounds coming exclusively from the Triton and play one of them through a master keyboard midied to the Triton.

EXAMPLE:
On Triton I have an organ sound and on the master keyboard I would like to play a Rhodes sound coming from the Triton. Is that possible? If so, how do I do it? I haven't been able to figure that out yet.
I went in global and tried with MIDI options but I'm sure I'm missing some steps.

I cannot afford to buy a new rack or a new keyboard at the moment... so I thought that If I managed to achieve this it would save me from buying a new piece of gear... any thoughts/suggestions?

I hope it's clear enough! Thanks in advance!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The two sounds will need to be put into a Combi first.

Once that is done, there are two ways of doing this.

The first method does not need a second keyboard. Just use a keyboard split so that half of the keyboard triggers one sound and the other half triggers the second sound. This is done in P4 of the Combi menus. You will probably need to alter the transpose settings so that the desired note ranges are played by the two keyboard halves.

The second method involves using the midi keyboard with its output set to MIDI channel 2, and connected to MIDI in on the Triton. On Combi menu P2 (Edit-Trk Param), under the MIDI tab, set the MIDI channel to 2 for the organ sound.
KeyB97

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
The two sounds will need to be put into a Combi first.

Once that is done, there are two ways of doing this.

The first method does not need a second keyboard. Just use a keyboard split so that half of the keyboard triggers one sound and the other half triggers the second sound. This is done in P4 of the Combi menus. You will probably need to alter the transpose settings so that the desired note ranges are played by the two keyboard halves.

The second method involves using the midi keyboard with its output set to MIDI channel 2, and connected to MIDI in on the Triton. On Combi menu P2 (Edit-Trk Param), under the MIDI tab, set the MIDI channel to 2 for the organ sound.

Thank you, I'll try it. Actually, I already have splitted and layered Combi patches that I am happily using with all the octaves right (should I need to bring just one keyboard to the gig).
I just wanted some extra notes on a weighted keyboard for Pianos and Rhodes.

I'll try this asap and I'll let you know.
Thank you very much for the speedy reply and exhaustive reply! Cheers!

-Luca.
KeyB97

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, just for the record, I just did it. Literally took me 2 minutes to get everything done.

Thank you!
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to hear it worked :-)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Classic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: