Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does MIDI to Style Conversion yield Variations & Fills?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hal2001

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:42 am    Post subject: Does MIDI to Style Conversion yield Variations & Fills? Reply with quote

I thought the answer was yes. However, on YouTube there’s a new demo of how the MIDI to style conversion works and it only shows the the Intro and Ending being converted. It does not show what, if anything, happened to the processing of Variations and Fills. I expected the conversion process to create some kind of variations and fills too, or am I wrong? Is a separate process required to make variations and fills individually by some other method or did this video just happen to omit this important point? To me, the variations and fills are thee most important elements of the live song performance. I don’t have an arranger so I don't know how this conversion is supposed to work but am interested in the Pa4x.
Here is the link to the MIDI to style conversion video that is confusing me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsCVjHritQk

Thanks.
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: Does MIDI to Style Conversion yield Variations & Fil Reply with quote

Hal2001 wrote:
I thought the answer was yes. However, on YouTube there’s a new demo of how the MIDI to style conversion works and it only shows the the Intro and Ending being converted. It does not show what, if anything, happened to the processing of Variations and Fills. I expected the conversion process to create some kind of variations and fills too, or am I wrong? Is a separate process required to make variations and fills individually by some other method or did this video just happen to omit this important point? To me, the variations and fills are thee most important elements of the live song performance. I don’t have an arranger so I don't know how this conversion is supposed to work but am interested in the Pa4x.
Here is the link to the MIDI to style conversion video that is confusing me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsCVjHritQk

Thanks.

This topic deserves an extended userguide/tutorial on the Youtube... explaining the ins and outs and do's and dont's of this feature..

Preferably made by a super user and not by anyone that tries to sell keyboards...
Vex

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last post in this topic :

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=101245

So far, it is fully automated function ,so ,it is pure luck to get useful style (not talking about all perfect, I would be happy with 60-70% good conversion) from midi file .

I have tried to convert several midi files into styles and none of them did not end well...So @ everybody : don't take too much from this one for now.

Korg should make this option more advanced : to let us to choose which parts and regions of the midi file we want for our style elements. Wink
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vex wrote:
Korg should make this option more advanced : to let us to choose which parts and regions of the midi file we want for our style elements. Wink

This can be done by importing a Standard MIDI File separated by markers (as described in the current version of the User Manual starting from page 291). You have to prepare the song to be imported by cutting & pasting parts of the song in a sequencer, and then import the file into a Style.

Paolo
Vex

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paolo@Korg wrote:
Vex wrote:

This can be done by importing a Standard MIDI File separated by markers (as described in the current version of the User Manual starting from page 291). You have to prepare the song to be imported by cutting & pasting parts of the song in a sequencer, and then import the file into a Style.

Paolo

Yes,Paolo ,thank you for your answer,but I knew that. I'm using import midi from markers since Pa2x... Intros and endings are not problem, but making variations and fills are one boring job in Cubase (or any other DAW) ... And option " Midi to style" in Pa4x could be useful and BIG time saver if we could manually set what parts of song we want to be ironed into one chord,like it is needed for variations and fills.

That's what I'm talking about ,otherwise , sorry ,but for good quality styles "Convert midi to style" is still not an option.
Hal2001

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paolo@Korg wrote:
Vex wrote:

Paolo

I can't find the full Pa4x manual on the Korg website. All I see in the Downloads section is a 150 page Quick Guide that I downloaded. Can anyone show me the link to the Full Manual? The pa3x manual is at KorgUSA but the pa4x was not listed among all the models when I checked right now.
Hal
johnnie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hal2001 wrote:
Paolo@Korg wrote:
Vex wrote:

Paolo

I can't find the full Pa4x manual on the Korg website. All I see in the Downloads section is a 150 page Quick Guide that I downloaded. Can anyone show me the link to the Full Manual? The pa3x manual is at KorgUSA but the pa4x was not listed among all the models when I checked right now.
Hal

Try this go English
https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/516/2572/
Hal2001

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect. Thanks a lot Johnnie.
Hal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: